Stencyl 1.3.4 - Includes iOS Exporting

Nomosoft

I'm on win xp. What about yours?

Do you have 12 sample stencyl games (6 0f them ios)?

You should preferably save your behavior to somewhere below document folder and then drag it directly into SW from windows filesystem.

I used a behavior called Alien Movement in a game called Alien Approach. Look for that, export it to a document folder and you should see a spaceship, then open another game, go to behavior list, you may see a bunch of folder, just drag the spaceship icon over next to all these folders.

I'm on Windows 7.

I just did a complete Stencylworks removal. I uninstalled using the Stencylworks uninstall program. I checked the Windows add/remove dialog and found no traces. I used RegEdit to seach for anything with "Stencyl" and found nothing. I deleted the Program Files folder, as well as a nightly build install I had in another folder. I ran CCleaner just for the heck of it. I downloaded the 1.3.0 installation file from the front page. When I ran the newly-installed copy, it still remembered my old Workspace directory (which is not the default) and it said 1.3.1 b410, even though the install package said 1.3.0. The Check For Updates reported that I was up-to-date.

I still couldn't drag/drop anything, even after reverting my workspace to the install directory (which caused me to be able to see all the iOS sample games), letting Stencylworks copy all my files, and running the program as an administrator.

Now I have done all of the above, again, this time scouring my hard drives for anything with "Stencyl" in the name, as well as renaming my old projects folder, and I am going to try one more install.

The result is: Success and failure.

This time I got the license agreement, and had to input my username, and got prompted to download the update. That's nuts, the software really should know what version it is without having to go through all this.

Anyway, I exported Alien Movement, and still cannot drag it back into an existing game, or a brand new game that I created just to try and import the behavior.

Legendary Hoamaru

Attach the png of Alien Behavior.  Also, attach logs after you try to drag and drop into the snippet list.

Jon

1.3.2 has now gone live via in-app update.

- Fix multi-touch bug
- Add a workspace reset menu item for Design Mode
- Prompt users who lack iStencyl to download from Stencyl.com. Shows just once.
- Minor truncation issue in "Web Games" when creating a new game
- Prefs > Mobile > certificate password field is a bad color on Windows/Linux
- Fix to clicking Open on Open Resource dialog screen
- Removing behavior that isn't part of a folder is buggy.
- Don't show simulator versions that are in previous editions of the iOS SDK. For example, if you have 5.x, don't show any 4.x or 3.x versions because they just crash.

GusToughSon

Is Uploading laggy or somthing i thought it was me till i tred on another system, I try to upload to forge today and its LAAAAGY ~shrug~

:Note:  I just downloaded the nightly and the lag turned into sw crashing, somthing is hinkie

*Workaround* Export file, Move to another game Import Void's forge but it works for now.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 09:55:14 am by GusToughSon »
If i could go back and Do it Diffrently i would'nt, I wouldent be the way i am now if i did.

rlc2405

the option to buy the license will arive today? cause I want to test some crazy prototype-ideas (on device). I m on a Pc-windows with no ios simulator.

Nomosoft

Attach the png of Alien Behavior.  Also, attach logs after you try to drag and drop into the snippet list.

I am on a different computer, now, still running Windows 7 x64. I just did a fresh StencylWorks install and performed the 1.3.2 update. The .png and the log file are both attached. The log file has a couple of "could not delete" and "could not parse" lines, but nothing else very interesting. It doesn't even look like the logs specifically record the export, as neither the path nor filename nor behavior name show up anywhere in the log.

Same problem as before: When I drag the exported .png file into the StencylWorks window, I get the circle-with-a-slash-through-it icon, and I can't drop the png.

Here are the exact steps I followed:
- Open StencylWorks
- Open Alien Escape
- Click on "Actor Behaviors"
- Enter "Motion" folder
- Right-click on "Alien Movement," select "Export"
- Save file (tried multiple locations)
- Close Alien Escape
- Open or create a different game (tried both)
- Click on "Actor Behaviors"
- Drag exported .png file into StencylWorks window (tried every portion of the window)
- Try above on "Logic" tab, inside specific behavior folders, etc.
- Try above with scene behaviors.

Rob

Not that I figured out your problem but I really like the preciseness of the way you describe the whole process. I get the exact picture of what you have been doing.

I'm on Win-xp and this worked for me 100%.

Couple of questions:

1. Where did you install your SW (is it in program files)?
2. How about your datafiles (check File/preferences/workspace/workspace folder)? Whatever it is, you should go to that folder and double check that there is a Stencylworks folder created there.
GOLDEN RULE #1 : SAVE YOUR GAMES FREQUENTLY
IOS/XCODE DEBUGGING
http://www.stencyl.com/help/view/xcode-ios-troubleshoot/
WATCH STENCYLWORKS VIDEO TUTORIAL BY SUNRISEKINGDOM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDfRfjzr9j4&feature=channel_video_title

Legendary Hoamaru

Odd, the Alien Behavior is working for me.  On Windows Vista 64bit.  Not sure why the circle-with-a-slash-through-it cursor is appearing for you.

Can you drag and drop in other programs?  Maybe you're experiencing this issue.

Anybody else on Win 7 64bit experiencing this?

Nomosoft

Not that I figured out your problem but I really like the preciseness of the way you describe the whole process. I get the exact picture of what you have been doing.

I'm on Win-xp and this worked for me 100%.

Couple of questions:

1. Where did you install your SW (is it in program files)?
2. How about your datafiles (check File/preferences/workspace/workspace folder)? Whatever it is, you should go to that folder and double check that there is a Stencylworks folder created there.

Thanks :) I'm a tech guy, and I understand how useless vague descriptions are.

I have had StencylWorks installed, variously, in Program Files (x86) and C:\Stencyl. Currently, I have Stencylworks installed in Program Files (x86). My data Files have been in C:\Stencyl\stencylworks\projects\. Now, they are in C:\Users\MyAccount. The files seem to all be where they are supposed to be. I've tried various permutations of program folder, data folder, and running as administrator to no avail.

Odd, the Alien Behavior is working for me.  On Windows Vista 64bit.  Not sure why the circle-with-a-slash-through-it cursor is appearing for you.

Can you drag and drop in other programs?  Maybe you're experiencing this issue.

Anybody else on Win 7 64bit experiencing this?

I have drag-and-drop enabled and my escape key is not stuck down due to crumbs, so I guess my issue is different :)

Rob

Seems like you know exactly what you are doing.

@Can you check out Legendary recommendation on win 7 drag-n-drop issue above?

Legendary H - can you look at Nomosoft log above? Maybe it can provide some insight.

So far, in short, win xp and vista are fine. win 7 has this issue.

p.s. I also tried the png you attached above and I can easily import it.
IOS/XCODE DEBUGGING

airman4

Hi , since i downloaded the last update
Test scene doesnt work anymore...

it's goes on pourcentage , 99 % and after nothing...

it's me or some experienced this ?

and where to download the previous version please
1.02 , this one worked for me.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 08:08:40 pm by airman4 »

Rob

Can you do test scene on any sample games?
IOS/XCODE DEBUGGING

airman4

Can you do test scene on any sample games?

argh you!
Yeah , maybe it's because my game is huge , but i already tried my maximum to make it less huge and i can't start over , it's too much , way too much.

edit
it's a huge bug

i tried with a little game (seriously , one level ,unfinished but works etc etc)
doesnt work
export test scene + Export on flash !!  T__T
I got error on export flash and test scene just vanishes...

Try at your home rob.

Rob

Are you using 1.3.2 (check about stencylworks under Help)?

If so, you should see 12 games. Just try to do test scene on any of them and see if it works.
IOS/XCODE DEBUGGING

airman4

i run 1 3 2  b411 and i dont see twelve games
nothing changed when i open the soft.