Error During Compiling [Solution: Pick device from Scheme dropdown]

TheAdubbz

When i had opened the new version of Stencyl i had decided to first off try compiling one of the sample iOS apps (block dropper) into a .ipa for testing on my iPod. When i tried doing this (by pressing test on device then "build for running" and it spat out errors at me (Here they are:)
" title="Hosted by imgur.com

Sorry if this bug has already been reported, I mustn't have seen it :S

« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 08:56:02 am by Jon »

bernard

Yes. I too got the exact same error.

I installed iStencyl, opened the Catapult game and clicked Test on Simulator.
It worked perfectly first time!

Then I connected my iPad and hit Test on Device. XCode popped up with the project. I added the icons and hit Run and it installed on my iPad but on opening it on the iPad it asked for my MAC address.

So back to iStencyl and added the MAC address shown on the iPad into preferences.

When I tried to run again, I received this error exactly as you have shown.
I tried different things to no avail:
-deleting the game-ios/catapult folder
-uninstalling and reinstalling iStencyl

All gave the same error. Then I tried running on my simulator again. And I get an error that the simulator cannot be found. So I dumped a error log as instructed and the relevant image is attached below. The xcode project called Appscaffold is being created all right in my games-ios\catapult folder but compiling now gives me about 18 errors same as you have.

Wonder what is going on here?

Cant understand how it works on the simulator but then I get errors when compiling for my device and the errors persist. And now it can't find my simulator.

Anyway I am in the process of re installing XCode 4.2.1 and iOS SDK 5 again to see if this happens again. Will report progress here.

Assasin78

Maybe,  we need to use some more preferences, in Xcode, for example? I got this errors too %(

Dizko

Maybe it needs to be set to debug in Xcode?

Assasin78

I am noob. Where is it to be set? Thanks!

Dizko

When Xcode opens, there is a drop down in the top left corner that allows you to set the target. Be it a device, simulator etc.

Jon

Same as the other post - you need to pick your device from the Scheme dropdown before testing on the device.

We'd love to automate this, but Apple took out the mechanisms for letting us do this in Xcode 4, hence it has to be done each time.

I'll add a really large dialog when testing on the device making this clear.

Jon

This is what I will show in StencylWorks.

TheAdubbz

I now only get one error. Common knowledge tells me that stencyl requires a dev certificate for this:
" title="Hosted by imgur.com
And apparently you can only get those if you pay apple $99 a year. I was hoping we would be able to see what the whole thing is about before paying apple and you guys to put apps on the app store

Would this be different with Xcode 3?

« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 12:10:28 pm by TheAdubbz »

Manuel

Nope. To test on an iDevice you'll need a dev account.
Game developers are the deities of the virtual realm.
Game Development Blog
Personal Tumblr
Personal Twitter

Joe

For the record, this is a requirement of Apple, not our own.

TheAdubbz

For the record, this is a requirement of Apple, not our own.
There are methods of fake code signing that may work. All of which are fairly annoying to setup though