{GUI} Java Redraw Problem, Cannot View Menus or Icons

ahmedfarazch

Hello!

I have run into this problem! I am unable to use the software as I cannot get the correct display! It seems more of a java issue and any help would be appreciated!I have attached a .swf movie from CamStudio and you may kindly view it (swf can be viewed by MediaPlayerClassic-HomeCinema)

If more info like machine specs are required, please let me know (java latest version installed, isn't it supposed to be machine independent???)

Regards,
ahmedfarazch

Alexin

[...] java latest version installed [...]
You mean you have Java 7? If so, uninstall it and install Java 6 instead. Does it fix the problem?

I think a couple of users had similar problems once. Update you graphics card driver.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

ahmedfarazch

Thanks a lot Alexin ... unfortunately I am using the latest drivers fro my graphics card as its an old proprietary graphics solution ... I am looking to buy a newer PC anyhow in a week or two  :D so I'll report back then ... different versions of java don't seem to help ... for the time being I'll try to run under Linux (Ubuntu or Fedora) and see how it goes ...

ahmedfarazch

Ok!

I gave it another go and I figured it out that using 16-bit colors instead of 32-bit colors on windows "solved" the problem with the menus and interface showing up properly! So, if you have an old graphics adapter and run into the same problem, you can try using 16-bit color depth for windows!

Regards,
ahmedfarazch