Wii 2 announced for E3 Preview

Tatertom

Just the Wii 2?  :o

Hmm...And I wonder what this "New way of playing" will be. Mabye it has something to do with the vitality sensor they announced last E3.
Tatertom approves this message.

CodeGeorge

I want the Pokemon MMO that will absolutely never come.  :(

Rhys

Hmm...And I wonder what this "New way of playing" will be. Mabye it has something to do with the vitality sensor they announced last E3.
I don't see how much change a "vitality sensor" would make to gameplay...

HNF

Nintendo has been innovative before, they might surprise you with an new way to play games. Although the vitality sensor seems to be too late in the game for the Wii, so it may be a Project Café accessory.

Rhys

Nintendo has been innovative before, they might surprise you with an new way to play games. Although the vitality sensor seems to be too late in the game for the Wii, so it may be a Project Café accessory.
The Wii Vitality Sensor is a fingertip pulse oximeter sensor that connects through the Wii Remote. According to Nintendo, the device "will initially sense the user's pulse and a number of other signals being transmitted by their bodies, and will then provide information to the users about the body’s inner world."

I can't imagine mario kart using information on "the body's inner world" :P

CodeGeorge

The vitality sensor, besides being a dumb idea, also has the technical hurdle of it only working for 90% of people that they've been unable to surpass yet. 

Strasteo

The Wii Vitality Sensor is a fingertip pulse oximeter sensor that connects through the Wii Remote. According to Nintendo, the device "will initially sense the user's pulse and a number of other signals being transmitted by their bodies, and will then provide information to the users about the body’s inner world."

I can't imagine mario kart using information on "the body's inner world" :P

Just imagine the possibilities!

If you're anxious about a certain racing course, the game will sense that and make your screen all warped and shaky, and your controls will only work half the time! Or if you are dangerously sick, the screen will go psychedelic like a fever dream to accurately reflect how you view the world around you at that time. Or if you're in love and playing the game with the person of your affections, the screen will get rose-tinted and the game will force the in-game characters to bump into each other all the time.

Fantastic.

RandomJibberish

Just imagine the possibilities!

If you're anxious about a certain racing course, the game will sense that and make your screen all warped and shaky, and your controls will only work half the time! Or if you are dangerously sick, the screen will go psychedelic like a fever dream to accurately reflect how you view the world around you at that time. Or if you're in love and playing the game with the person of your affections, the screen will get rose-tinted and the game will force the in-game characters to bump into each other all the time.

Fantastic.

I actually completely seriously want this to exist

Darkhog

Vitality sensor can be very useful. If you're tired on in bad shape, Mario will run slower, jump lower and it would take more jumps to take down goomba. And if you're in very good shape, Mario will be even more powerful that he is normally.

//edit: of course that should be optional, because not everyone may like it.

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D