Android Downloads

brvids

Anybody have any tips about getting more Android downloads? I can release an app on iOS and almost always get a fairly reasonable number of downloads. But anything I've ever tried on Android gets virtually zero! Either I'm doing something majorly wrong or Android really just sucks! No offense to the Android guys haha! I'm just trying to gauge if Android is even worth my time and effort because so far it hasn't been. Any advice is appreciated.

LIBERADO

Publishing for Android is really frustrating.
For this reason, there are developers who forget Android and publish only on for iOS.
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

squeeb

Not sure if this is still true.. even though i still do it...
I make sure I use key words someone would use when searching for my app or game.. and I use that word 5 times throughout my description of the game or app.... something with how the search function works in play store or something like that.  My previous release of my basket ball live wallpaper got over 250k dls... I used ball basket basketball live wall wallpaper ect all throughout.  We shall see how well it works when I publish my paper pirates game :)

brvids

Yeah to this point I've been one of those who forgot Android and just do iOS. I like the keywords idea and actually had heard something similar so maybe I'll try that and see. Thanks for the feedback!

LIBERADO

I can release an app on iOS and almost always get a fairly reasonable number of downloads.
Do you do any promotion strategy when publishing for iOS?
You could give us some good advices to get enough downloads.
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.