Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Time to show some assets from the new game! ( semi real time tactics game ?)

Dincicode

Unnamed Zombie survival semi real time tactics game. Still in early alpha but I thought I'd share some art and game play.
There is still some "action tiles" in the background that I forgot to remove before taking the screens but well who cares.

A screen shot, a little GIF preview and some character animations.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 01:12:30 am by Dincicode »

mdotedot

Nice Work!

Could you please share your tech?!?

How do you make the animations?
Semi - RealTime ? Like turn based?
How many party-members? Or just one player acting for multi player against the computer ?
How did you manage to do the transparent thing on the car?

Looks really awsesome and if this is alpha I can't wait for the beta :D

Best regards from
M.E.
Hanging out in the Chat:  http://www.stencyl.com/chat/

1MrPaul1

I like the characters but don't like backgrounds at all. while characters is very interesting, backgrounds are cheap and boring , that is breaks everything
IMHO 

Dincicode

@mdotedot

I use Blender to make the character. They are all 3D character exported to single frames. In Stencyl I use lists to store these frames that I later on call and attach to actual actors.  I'v attached some images to demonstrate things.

As for the game play. You will start with 3 random characters, and will be able to find 9 other characters while escaping an infested city. You will encounter these characters some at random others at certain events and will have some kind of intersection with them, depending on the interaction they will decide to join, run away or attack you. In the levels where you fight you can control any 1 character at a time. While you control a character it will gain a Bonus 20% AP per second. The rest of the characters that you are not controlling at the moment will shoot by themselves, some will try to run away from enemies while others will run towards enemies depending on the characters attributes. How ever so as not to make it a just look what happens game, I'v made it so that the non controlled characters will only attack when they have more than Half AP. This means you have to control them all from time to time to make the best use of their AP and attacks. Every character has 2 Basic attacks.  There is a whole other bunch of mechanics at play but I will talk about all that in future posts.

Dincicode

@1MrPaul1 Dude the backgrounds are from my older games, they are placeholders.

mdotedot

WOW mate that is a lot of (manual) work.
Thanks a lot for sharing this!

How about the calculations on what part of the car needs to be transparent? Or do you have a PNG transparency on the isometric upper-part of your car-sprite?

I could use some of that Blender work for demo purposes if it was MD5 exported  :) :) :)
Best regards from
M.E.
Hanging out in the Chat:  http://www.stencyl.com/chat/

Dincicode

WOW mate that is a lot of (manual) work.
Thanks a lot for sharing this!

How about the calculations on what part of the car needs to be transparent? Or do you have a PNG transparency on the isometric upper-part of your car-sprite?

I could use some of that Blender work for demo purposes if it was MD5 exported  :) :) :)

Yeah the transparency is in the PNG I didn't do anything special to it, its not actually suppose to look like that in the end anyway.

Dincicode

Character roster as it currently stands.

Dincicode

Dincicode

Newer Screen shots

decafpanda

Looks awesome.  You make very high quality games

CmdrWhitey13

Looks like ive seen the game somewhere before. Like a day 1,2,.. setting and you could upgrade the fort in between. Looks awesome though.