Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

This Game is Trash(Stop-motion, Collectahon, Adventure Game)

domagojbulat

It is amazing and looks professionally created! I especially love those cute dialogs! The trailer video is also right on spot! Keep on rocking!!!

bonzero

oh this looks really good, looking forward to it

SunYatSen

Hey!

Thanks for your support!

@Nickamon: The game is going well, I've been working on a playable build to have people test( Specifically, ive been fixing bugs and trying to wrap my head around atlases to decrease the game's current atrocious loading times)and maybe send it to some press. I'm working on polishing the first half of the game and when I get burnt out of that I work on the final world of the game.  I've been working on a murder mystery part of the final world that I won't go too into detail with ;).

My current plan is to have it "done" by the end of the year(all the worlds functional) and then to spend several months polishing it and debugging, which it definitely needs a lot of haha. As far as "where", I was just thinking your basic steam/gog thing for mac/pc and linux. Not on mobile or anything.

ChristianEs

looks awesome.
seems that you are having problems with sprites borders, what kind of box are you using? im going to leave this link where they show you how to build a light box, if it helps.
https://www.wikihow.com/Create-an-Inexpensive-Photography-Lightbox
You could polish this awesome art style even more because your game could be a hit, imo.

NickamonPoppytail

Hey!

Thanks for your support!

@Nickamon: The game is going well, I've been working on a playable build to have people test( Specifically, ive been fixing bugs and trying to wrap my head around atlases to decrease the game's current atrocious loading times)and maybe send it to some press. I'm working on polishing the first half of the game and when I get burnt out of that I work on the final world of the game.  I've been working on a murder mystery part of the final world that I won't go too into detail with ;). .

There is a Stencyl page on atlases, and also if you're having trouble with how long the game takes to load, maybe add loading screens. Maybe these could provide hints to the player about the pins or something?

SunYatSen

@ChristianEs: Thanks! Ya, I'm using a very similar set up to the link you sent me, I looked at that before when I was first starting out. Any specific areas where you're noticing bad sprite borders? Because I've been making sure I edit any out after I take the photos, and so far I thought it was working well. There are definitely some that still need work, but I'm curious to see if you had any specifically in mind that you noticed that I overlooked.

@ NickamonPoppytail: Ya, I read that page countless times lol. I have loading screens already, but on some computers(ones that should be more than capable of loading a lot of game assets), they are pretty bad for a game this size. Idk, it doesn't seem that complicated but I just cant figure out some things, like do I even need to use the "load/unload atlas" blocks, or should I be fine only doing it through settings? Also the initial boot up (where it's a black screen with white box, ie before the first scene of the game) of the game takes FOREVER on some computers(more than 2 minutes), and haven't been able to fix that yet.  I checked all the forums, but they're either too old or not really what I'm looking for. That said, It's really not that much of a hurdle, I'm probably just over-thinking it. I'll figure it out soon.

ChristianEs

ok, :) There is something off with the flying insect on the first cut scene (white border), and the mountains black border (those 2 are very subtle though) there are some glitches with the mole graphics on that scene also.
on the last scene which is pretty cool by the way, at minute 1:55 you can see black borders on the trees.

NickamonPoppytail

@ NickamonPoppytail: Ya, I read that page countless times lol. I have loading screens already, but on some computers(ones that should be more than capable of loading a lot of game assets), they are pretty bad for a game this size. Idk, it doesn't seem that complicated but I just cant figure out some things, like do I even need to use the "load/unload atlas" blocks, or should I be fine only doing it through settings? Also the initial boot up (where it's a black screen with white box, ie before the first scene of the game) of the game takes FOREVER on some computers(more than 2 minutes), and haven't been able to fix that yet.  I checked all the forums, but they're either too old or not really what I'm looking for. That said, It's really not that much of a hurdle, I'm probably just over-thinking it. I'll figure it out soon.

I don't know much about atlases (I've never used them before), but maybe if you are using the atlases, try the load/unload blocks. The long waiting time for the game to start may be because the atlas tied to the first scene is too large. If you haven't already tried this, you could make a small atlas for the first scene of the game with the necessary resources and see if that fixes the problem.

SunYatSen

Hey! Sorry it's been a while!

I've mostly been working on gameplay tweaks and polish that aren't really too presentable in gifs or images. But I have been working on a boss" The Original Squiddy Squiddy" for my Hip Hop Beach world.

Finishing up the last of the art of the large trash(The game's main collectables):

And I worked with a composer to make a track for my snow/japanese themed world, which is really coming out wonderful!

You can listen to it here: https://soundcloud.com/matthew_rock/this-game-is-trash-ost-frozen-fuji

@ChristianEs: YES! I totally agree, tbh, I was just getting super frustrated with After Effects and was just like "AH! It's good enough!" It takes a lot for me to get that impatient lol. Definitely something I'm going to look to fix in the next trailer!

As always, your continued interest keeps me going, thank you so much! https://nobodysgames.com/

KramerGames

Out of all the game journals I've read, this one got me excited the most! Even with normal graphics you're game sounds unique and interesting, and then you add unique graphics on top of that. Looking forward to the release, I'll buy a copy for sure!
Parasites United  (Idle Parasite Game)

NickamonPoppytail

I really like how unique this game is. The characters and the way the game is presented is really different from most games I've seen, and this is something I feel a lot of games lack.

Also, I like the Frozen Fuji music. Who was the composer you worked with?

Keep up the good work :) This game is really inspiring.