Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

This Game is Trash(Stop-motion, Collectahon, Adventure Game)

merrak

My first thought looking at the art style was Gumby!, which is what I remember best. I always preferred traditional art in animation for movies and TV, so it's really neat to see stop-motion in a game. I'll certainly pick up a copy if there's a Linux version. Keep up the good work!

NickamonPoppytail

My first thought looking at the art style was Gumby!, which is what I remember best. I always preferred traditional art in animation for movies and TV, so it's really neat to see stop-motion in a game. I'll certainly pick up a copy if there's a Linux version. Keep up the good work!

SunYatSen said this in a previous post:
"My current plan is to have it "done" by the end of the year(all the worlds functional) and then to spend several months polishing it and debugging, which it definitely needs a lot of haha. As far as "where", I was just thinking your basic steam/gog thing for mac/pc and linux. Not on mobile or anything."

SunYatSen

Wow! You guys warm my heart!

@KramerGames: I worked with Matthew Rock, he's very good! Highly recommend! https://soundcloud.com/matthew_rock

Been doing a lot of debugging and polishing this week still, mostly on the hip-hop inspired "Sandy Streetz" world:

I also added one of the final little checkboxes on my "to do" list: A sort of enemy bio screen, but instead of providing descriptions of the enemy or something, I thought I would show sort of the "making of" through these, like concept art and early versions. I love that sort of stuff in game art books, so I figured I'd just have that sort of thing right in the game! Hopefully people care enough to like it!

Again, thank you all for your support, tbh, working alone on this thing and frankly having no idea how I'm going to do so many things required to release my game was really starting to get to me this week and I felt like I was just breaking down, but the online reactions I've gotten to this so far really helped get me out of that.  I still got a few months to go, and I hope they'll continue to help me keep my sanity.

Thanks.

squeeb

Yeah man.. keep going!  I'll play your game for sure

albatrosssoup

Hey, I just wanted to show my support! I know exactly how you feel. Making a game on your own, especially one of this scale, can feel overwhelming at times. Don't be afraid to take breaks! I really love the work you've been doing, but mental health is #1! Also keeping a checklist is definitely helpful. I use Trello to keep track of everything. If I didn't do that I'd feel so lost.

Keep up the great work, every screen I see of your game is pure joy!

designpeg

looks amazing! Great journal too, really inspiring.

SunYatSen

lol ya I guess so, the image I post here are links to imgur, they have little links of the image that you copy and paste so that they show up directly on message boards.

That character is me! (I like masks :P)

NickamonPoppytail

lol ya I guess so, the image I post here are links to imgur, they have little links of the image that you copy and paste so that they show up directly on message boards.

I thought that may be the case.

NickamonPoppytail

I just realised what the game at the stand was. (Face palm)