Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Stencyl 3.4 on OS X opens, but then closes immediately

Roosell

I'm trying to download Stencyl on OS X for school, but every time I download it and try to open it on the school's computers, it closes immediately.  Like it shows up in the dock for a split second, but then it immediately disappears, without any error messages or other issues.  It didn't have this problem when we used Stencyl a few months ago during a summer program at the same place,  but we reset all the computers to a school determined default, and now it won't work for some reason.  Can anyone help me fix this problem?

colburt187

I'ts a long shot but i have some faint memory of some apple security thing causing issues, there was some fix like dragging stencyl out of applications then in again. maybe try a couple of things like opening it from desktop etc

Roosell

Thanks dude, I'll try a few things tomorrow and tell you how it goes.

Roosell

I've tried to drag stencyl into desktop and open it there, and ive also tried dragging it back into applications and opening it, but nothing's working.  However, i've gone into security and I've found that the option to allow applications from anywhere has been removed and now it only allows app store and identified developer apps.  It might be because these are school computers, but it's terribly frustrating.  How can I fix this?

JeffreyDriver

It might be because these are school computers, but it's terribly frustrating.  How can I fix this?

That must be the problem. Raise with your teacher or the technician.

Roosell

Today I found out I can get around the problem completely by clicking the sw.jar file instead of the Stencyl icon.   Now Stencyl works like normal.  Time to celebrate!