Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

How to do score by distance?

sidfoe

I am making an endless runner. The background increases speed as you go further, so the score needs to increase faster too. I have the score increasing but not increasing faster as the game goes on.  I am a beginner so I do not know how to fix it, I have tried a few things but nothing seems to be working. Any ideas or help is appreciated. Thank you.

LIBERADO

Show us a screenshot of the code which makes the background to increase speed as you go further.
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

sidfoe

Ok this is what i have for the background moving. It also has part of the code for the score at the top. And the spawn rate thing at the bottom is for making the obstacles spawn a bit faster.

LIBERADO

I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

sidfoe

That did not work, the score went from 0 to 81 to 163 etc. I want it to show every number as it counts up as well as it counts up faster when the background starts to increase speed.

RosalinaGalaxer

You could try making a new number attribute/number game attribute that you increment by X every X seconds, depending on when the background speeds up. Then you could put that attribute on the increment score by X block, kind of like this.