Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Doug Climbing - First game with stencyl

Ephoria

Hello,

I am a french student and I develop games since now 3 months. I have started with libGDX but it took me too much time. So, I have decided to test Stencyl and i have appreciate a lot.

Today, I wil present my first game with Stencyl.

Doug Climbing is a platform 2D game. You will play a little character who looks like a marshmallow. You will jump and escape some trap for cross over all levels. I will offer a short adventure with Doug here : Play at Doug Climbing

« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:22:14 am by Ephoria »

LIBERADO

Thanks for sharing this fun game, I have really enjoyed playing it. Having to play with the balls to push some buttons is very funny. Some levels are too difficult, but they are well done. You are a good levels designer.
I would like this game to have more levels.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 08:11:44 am by LIBERADO »
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

Ephoria

Thanks for your feedback ! More levels can be a possibility in the near futur.  I would not miss to inform you of course.

JeffreyDriver

Good job! The game is really quite fun to play, and the controls are smooth and work well. To repeat what Liberado said, the level design is very good. Yes, it's a bit tough in places, but there are other games which are much harder. E.g. Meat Boy.

I'd also like to see more levels, though you'd need a save feature and level select screen. Perhaps you have to collect coins to unlock other levels?

I found that pushing the balls to hit buttons was frustrating as you have so little control over them.

LIBERADO

Perhaps you have to collect coins to unlock other levels?
Good idea.

I found that pushing the balls to hit buttons was frustrating as you have so little control over them.
It was too easy for me, so I guess it is a matter of luck.  ;)
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

JeffreyDriver

It was too easy for me, so I guess it is a matter of luck.  ;)
Quit boasting!  :D

Another comment I have is that you may want to check your collision shapes. Some seem a bit too large.

Other than that it's looking good. It's a simple three-button control so you easily adapt this for mobile.

Ephoria

Other than that it's looking good. It's a simple three-button control so you easily adapt this for mobile.
I have a good news for you ! I have already adapt my game for mobile  :D

Now as you say, There is again few levels. I think add new interaction like a ballon, buttons and more ! Maybe a new map theme and do something of my coins of course ^^

Again thanks for your feedback, that allow me to have a good overview on my game.