Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Poppytail- Coming soon

NickamonPoppytail

Hello,

I have been working on a Desktop game for a while and it's almost ready to release. It's called Poppytail.

The basic plotline is that a middle-aged man called Alex, a former programmer for Rosemary Games (which is basically the Poppytail universe's Nintendo) is invited via a letter to come back to their old building. After finding it abandoned and potentially renovated, the letter's sender and Alex's coworkers are seemingly missing. Also, the doors lock behind him and trapped in the building with him are cute-looking creatures who want to kill him. His only chance to survive is to run for his life, and maybe start to find out what happened to his old company.

The game is in five chapters, with six monsters to keep track of, the first of which to be seen is Poppytail. The game relies mostly on strategy, as if you do something wrong, they will kill Alex. This is one of my first games, so the game has no sound and graphic-wise isn't the best. But I hope when it is released, you will give it a go. The game will be released on GameJolt. Warning: Bad jumpscares and rage quits are almost certain.

I'll post a link here when I have the game released. Meanwhile, feel free to ask any questions about the game.

NickamonPoppytail

Here are some extra details:

Throughout the game there is a chance you may run into a "nightmare". Nightmares are composed of a few scenes explaining details about the game's story and then a difficult level. These levels are Alex's literal nightmares and each is themed around one enemy e.g. Poppytail Challenge, Snarly Dog Challenge, etc.

Also, I won't give too many details, but Alex finds someone else in Rosemary Games. Most of the time, she'll help Alex, but she may also end up causing Alex's death...

Once again, if there are any questions about the game, post them here and I will reply as soon as I can.

NickamonPoppytail

More info:

The game Poppytail also has multiple "endings", that rely on normally challenging criteria for those other than the normal one.

Also, most of the nightmares reveal what could be interpreted as random details, but soon after the game's release some of the details will become clearer in the following months. What I mean is that this could be an ongoing series, but I won't say. This will depend on your reactions to the game.

When it is ready to be released, it will, at the moment, only be for Windows. Once again, it will be released on Game Jolt and I will try to have it officially released by November.

Any questions asked will be answered as soon as possible.

NickamonPoppytail

NickamonPoppytail

Here is an image that appears in the start menu, showing (from left to right) Poppytail, the logo for Rosemary Games, and Easter Bunny.

NickamonPoppytail

Sorry, for some reasons the pictures are huge if I take them on my phone. Sorry about that!