Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Poppytail

merrak

Sorry, for some reasons the pictures are huge if I take them on my phone. Sorry about that!

I was wondering why the screen resolution was huge :D I have a 2x2 monitor array and that resolution would fill the entire thing up!

NickamonPoppytail

Sorry, for some reasons the pictures are huge if I take them on my phone. Sorry about that!

I was wondering why the screen resolution was huge :D I have a 2x2 monitor array and that resolution would fill the entire thing up!

It's even worse on an iPhone... About one-tenth of the image takes up the whole screen!

NickamonPoppytail

I have a release date for the game. It will be released for Windows on the 10th of November this year, on Game Jolt. I will post the URL when it's released.

Thanks for taking time to read about my game! :)

NickamonPoppytail

Also, here is a QR code. What it says could be considered strange, but it will make sense once I finish the Game Jolt page.

NickamonPoppytail

Gameplay Summary
The gameplay of this game features mystery and strategic elements. If you love rage-quitting at games, you will enjoy this. If you are a completionist, this game has six hidden mini-levels known as "nightmares", five main chapters and a secret one. Plus, there is more than one possible ending. If you have ever heard of or love papillons, you will also enjoy this, as why not have papillons?!

Control Overview
Alex uses two different speeds: walking and running. To walk, use the arrow keys. To run, press N to run up, M to run down, Z to run left and X to run right. Left-clicking the mouse stops all of Alex's movement. To make some of the monsters move, try moving, stopping, or simply annoying them with your mouse. In the first level, you can also press C for a summary of the controls. To move through cutscenes or start the game from the menu, press ENTER.

In the rare case where you find that these controls don't work, and you find that there are dark green creatures on the screen, use left and right to move and up to jump when on platforms or in mid-air. It might sound strange for me to say this, but if it happens you'll know what I mean.

Story
The game follows the adventure of Alex, a middle-aged former programmer at Rosemary Games, the largest video gaming company in the 1980s. After switching to a different job, and decades later receiving an invitation from an old friend who has been supposedly missing for 31 years, Alex decides to go back. Only one small problem. There is no escape and the company's old building is damaged, flooded and filled with seemingly cute creatures, that have something a bit worse in mind than just the jumpscare on your computer screen. Can Alex survive through all odds and start to learn what happened to the company he once left behind?

This is the Game Jolt description so far (excluding bad jumpscare warning and the long credits section). Thoughts?

NickamonPoppytail

Here is the menu image (Poppytail, Easter Bunny and Rosemary Games logo) and the Windows icon (just Poppytail).