Poppytail Series

NickamonPoppytail

Added Haunted Poppytail, Haunted Bunny, Haunted Gremlin, Haunted Snarly and Haunted Hunter.

RIP Pirate Wray
April 2002-September 2018

NickamonPoppytail

Added Pink Poppy, Gremma, Jack O' Lizard Hunter, and some sprites.

RIP Pirate Wray

NickamonPoppytail

Added Poppy and Masked Snarly.

RIP Pirate Wray

NickamonPoppytail

Added Wicked Lizard Hunter and Phantom. The mechanic list is complete (52/52 enemies). I will add some more sprites every day until everyone has one.

Also I made a mistake with Wicked Towelwich's image. I will put the updated one on the list and both images on this post.

Original:

Fixed:

The mistake was the front legs. As some have noticed, Hybrid Chicken is an amalgamation of pieces missing from the Wicked characters. WPT and WLH are missing an eye each, WGG is missing her ponytail, WEB is missing feet (they have since been replaced), WSD is missing her heart, WPP is missing his flower, WBW is missing her wings, WN (although you can't see) is missing his teeth, and WVG will be missing her horns (I have not made her sprite yet). WTW is missing his front legs. In the original, he still has them.

Here is Hybrid Chicken's Poppytail 3/4 sprite in case you hadn't already noticed this:

And here it is with the pieces circled:

« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 11:58:49 pm by NickamonPoppytail »

RIP Pirate Wray

NickamonPoppytail

One thing I've been wondering about, and maybe it's already been answered. I'm assuming these characters are video game characters from Rosemary Games. If so, what games are these characters from?

This is the letter from Walter Turnbull from the first game:

Dear ALEX, Happy bday last month! Sorry for the late message, but we finally made the game idea you came up with into reality! ALICE suggested you should stop by. WALTER TURNBULL

Look at this:

... we finally made the game idea you came up with into reality!

I never realised when I first wrote this how much this statement would be taken once the story of the games was fully developed. The enemies are literal killer versions of Rosemary Games characters.

In fact, the first game was meant to be the last when I first began. I thought the ending would be that it was revealed that the game itself was a game that Alex was playing, with Walter Turnbull and Alice watching. The "game idea" would have been the five chapters from the first game. I went against this idea before I made too much progress into the games development; this is not canon.

Merrak has played the test of Poppytail 5, so he may have seen the posters for two RG games: The World of Elecreatures: The Video Game (also advertised in PT2-4) and The Legendary Quadrio.

And yes, I know that the proper version of the word is "quartet".

RIP Pirate Wray

NickamonPoppytail

I did a mechanic list for Pixeltail, and then I thought it's strange that all the characters are revealed for the sixth game before the same happens for the fifth. I'll add a character every day, but I'll add in all of the Chapter 1-5 characters first.

APPARITION- He has a timer on the top right of the screen, beginning at 30 seconds. It will go down by 1 every second, until it reaches 0, in which he will kill you. The only way to stop this from occurring is to move to another room, causing the timer to return back to 30 seconds.

Bad Bunny (Voiced by Geoffrey Herbert)- Every once in a while, he will emerge from the Beta Test Room and enter the South Room, then Your Room. He can only attack when he is in Your Room. He is faster than Dingo Cool and Skelisa, and neither of those two will ever come out of the Beta Test Room if Bad Bunny is out.

"You cheated!"

Banana Prototype- He will occasionally appear next to the left door if no one is there. His appearance will immediately make Nursina appear at the door. Click on him and run so Nursina won’t attack!

Binary- He starts on his pedestal in Turnbull's Office, next to Petal. Binary will move around, entering the Left Hall, then the West Room, then Your Room. He will kill you if you are near him for too long.

Cakeface- He follows the same path as Binary, but he cannot kill you. He is harmless unless you see him in Your Room. If he strikes in Your Room, he will disappear for the remainder of the chapter, but will leave a bloom shader over your screen until you are attacked or you finish the chapter.

Cinder (Voiced by Nick Hackett)- Most of the time, he will be stuck in his prison cell in the South Room. However, he will roam around the tunnel system if Bad Bunny or Dingo Cool are out of the Beta Test Room. He will kill you if you enter the tunnels if either are active.

"What the hell are you kids doing out of the room?!"
"Oh, that's it! I'm coming, Human!"

Dingo Cool (Voiced by Jai Pattinson)-  Every once in a while, he will emerge from the Beta Test Room and enter the South Room, then Your Room. He can only attack when he is in Your Room. He is slower than Bad Bunny and Skelisa, and neither of those two will ever come out of the Beta Test Room if he is out.

"Hey, Human, bro!"

End Prototype- He will occasionally appear next to the right door if no one is there. His appearance will immediately make Exister appear at the door. Click on him and run so Exister won’t attack!

Ennuyeux- If Papimannequin wants a sock, he will wander around the tunnels, making banging noises as he goes. If neither Cinder nor G’day Gecko are looking for you, he will attack.

Exister (Voiced by Nick Hackett)- Exister starts off in Campbell's Office, and will move to the Right Hall, then to the East Room, then to Your Room, then back to Campbell's Office in an infinite loop. If you stand in the same room as him for too long, he will attack. He is normally slower than Nursina, but faster than Jawlock.

"You are real?"
"You'll never see behind our mask!"

G'day Gecko (Voiced by Jack Herbert)- Most of the time, he will be stuck in his prison cell in the South Room. However, he will roam around the tunnel system if Skelisa is out of the Beta Test Room. He will kill you if you enter the tunnels or the South Room while she is active.

Jawlock (Voiced by Jack Weaver)- Jawlock starts off in Campbell's Office, and will move to the Main Hall, then to the North Room, then to Your Room, then back to Campbell's Office in an infinite loop. If you stand in the same room as him for too long, he will attack. Normally, he is slower than Nursina and Exister.

"Human!"
"I'll get you!"
"Go that way!"

Nope Nope- If you see him, you’re fine. If you can’t see him when he is active (Chapter 7 onwards), he will attack.

Nursina (Voiced by Nick Hackett)- Nursina starts off in Campbell's Office, and will move to the Left Hall, then to the West Room, then to Your Room, then back to Campbell's Office in an infinite loop. If you stand in the same room as her for too long, she will attack. She is normally faster than Exister and Jawlock.

"*giggles* IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!"

Papimannequin- She cannot kill the player; she is (mostly) harmless. She won’t have any real impact on gameplay if Ennuyeux is not active. She will appear next to a pile of socks in Your Room from time to time. She will continually complain if you don’t get rid of her. Click and drag the sock to her to put it around her neck, and to make her go away.

Petal- She starts on her pedestal in Turnbull's Office, next to Binary. Petal will move around, entering the Right Hall, then the East Room, then Your Room. She will kill you if you are near her for too long.

Rumble- He starts off in a hidden room under the West Room. He will emerge into the West Room every so often, and then move to Your Room, then back to the hidden room, in an infinite cycle. Like other characters, he will attack if you two are in the same room as each other.

Shyyon (Voiced by Cody Montgomerie)- He starts off in Campbell's Office, and will move to the Main Hall, then to the North Room, then to Your Room, then back to Campbell's Office in an infinite loop, just like Jawlock. If you stand in the same room as him for too long, he will attack. Normally, he is slightly faster than Jawlock. However, there's a twist: when he's in Your Room, you can't see him. Listen for a dog toy squeaking to tell if he's there.

"Euh..."
"I'm scared..."

Skelisa (Voiced by Claudia Boutet)- Every once in a while, she will emerge from the Beta Test Room and enter the South Room, then Your Room. She can only attack when she is in Your Room. She is faster than Dingo Cool and slower than Bad Bunny, and neither of those two will ever come out of the Beta Test Room if she is out. She will attack immediately if she's in Your Room, and won't wait around like other characters.

Summer-Rose- She follows the same path as Jawlock and Shyyon, but she cannot kill you. She is harmless unless you see her in Your Room. If she strikes in Your Room, she will disappear for the remainder of the chapter, but will leave a disorienting ripple shader over your screen until you are attacked or you finish the chapter.

The Dog- Like Rumble and Tumble, he will move from a hidden room (this time in the North Room), then the North Room, and then Your Room. Like nearly every other character, stay away from him unless you want him to attack.

Tripper- He follows the same path as Petal, except he starts in the SImulation Room and cannot kill you. He is harmless unless you see him in Your Room. If he strikes in Your Room, he will disappear for the remainder of the chapter, but will leave a disorienting wave shader over your screen until you are attacked or you finish the chapter.

Tumble- He starts off in a hidden room under the East Room. He will emerge into the East Room every so often, and then move to Your Room, then back to the hidden room, in an infinite cycle. Like other characters, he will attack if you two are in the same room as each other.

Twistwitch- She will stay in Your Room for the whole day when she is active. She will have all four limbs chained to the floor just next to the door to the South Room. She will slowly break these chains, however. If she breaks all four, she will attack as soon as you enter Your Room again. To stop her, click on her 10 times to repair a chain.

Vehicle Dummy (Voiced by Stella Fitzgerald)- Most of the time, she will be stuck in a "resting" state in the Simulation Room. Every so often, she will become "active", driving from the Simulation Room to the Right Hall, then to the East Room, and then to Your Room. If you are in her path when she is active, she will drive straight into you, killing you. Get out of the way when you hear a car driving!

"Wally?"
"Where is he?"

« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 03:56:51 am by NickamonPoppytail »

RIP Pirate Wray

NickamonPoppytail

Haven't done some audio work for PT5 in a while. I had the voice recordings for Cinder and Vehicle Dummy ready, but never converted them to .oggs. This has been done now. I also have Shyyon's squeaking noise, Shyyon's voice lines, VD's driving sound, Bad Bunny's voice line, G'day Gecko's lines and a voice recording for another human character called Oliver Fowler still to implement.

RIP Pirate Wray

NickamonPoppytail

Pixeltail Test #1. Active Characters: Poppytail, Easter Bunny, Pork Chop, Pink Poppy and Wicked Batwingz.

No one can kill me... yet. Pork Chop and Pink Poppy both follow me around, but they're quite difficult to outrun at the moment. I may have to make some adjustments.

Also, I used to have an idea for a system similar to Poppytail 4 where characters would remember where they last kill you and become faster the more they killed you (with the exception of Doughy Duck, who will instead slow down). I've decided to scrap this because this makes everything unnecessarily confusing and difficult for me. Plus, for characters like Masked Snarly and Jack O' Lizard Hunter, this could be an absolute nightmare. Not to mention that the chasing characters may become faster than the player; meaning it's impossible to run away from them. Also, for the positioning system, recording the x and y positions of all 51/52 enemies (Wicked Batwingz is excluded because he doesn't move) for all 25 chapters? That does sound a bit ridiculous to try and do.

I will continue work on PP and PC, and maybe add in Auto and Abe afterwards. I'm going to do some of the chasing characters first because they're simply modified versions of each other.

RIP Pirate Wray

NickamonPoppytail

Poppytail 5: Added in more voice lines and modelled new Chapter 6 enemies Rumble and Tumble.

Pixeltail: Have some early versions of Orangu Tan, Gremlin Girl and GamePrint working.

RIP Pirate Wray

NickamonPoppytail

Newly modelled characters:

Binary (Chapter 5)

Rumble (Chapter 6)

Tumble (Chapter 6)

The Dog (Chapter 6)

Papimannequin (Chapter 7)

Twistwitch (Chapter 8)

He was only added to the list today, but his image was already somewhere on this thread, so here he is again:

Cakeface (Chapter 10)

Still need to model Petal, Nope Nope, Ennuyeux, Banana Prototype, End Prototype, Tripper and Summer-Rose.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 03:53:11 am by NickamonPoppytail »

RIP Pirate Wray

NickamonPoppytail

Made two more models today:

Nope Nope (Chapter 7)

Banana Prototype (Chapter 9)

Still to do: Petal, Ennuyeux, End Prototype, Tripper and Summer-Rose.

RIP Pirate Wray

NickamonPoppytail

End Prototype

I guess the Creators just quickly threw something together. Despite his appearance being similar to Cinder, he is a prototype of Enderguy.

Still to do: Petal, Ennuyeux, Tripper, Summer-Rose. Petal will be a human-like character with a lot of flower-petal features, Ennuyeux will be a cat with glasses, Tripper will be a crocodile-type creature, and Summer-Rose will be an anthropomorphic flower.

RIP Pirate Wray

NickamonPoppytail

Petal (Chapter 5)

Tripper (Chapter 10)

Still to do: Ennuyeux and Summer-Rose.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 04:42:02 am by NickamonPoppytail »

RIP Pirate Wray

NickamonPoppytail

I haven’t been on Stencyl much. I’ve been mostly inactive for a few reasons.

Firstly, Pirate Wray has died. Pirate was one of my dogs, and the inspiration for many characters within my book and many of my games. He was put to sleep a few days ago, on Monday afternoon (24th September). He was nearly sixteen and a half years old when he died (29th April 2002-24th September 2018).

Pirate as Wicked Ulfytail from Poppytail 4: Special Edition and Easter Fun

From The World of Elecreatures, Pirate inspired the character of the same name, as well as his clones “Pirate Clone” and “Lucky Pirate”. From Poppytail, he inspired all versions of the titular antagonist Poppytail as well as all versions of Easter Bunny. His head appeared on the characters Wicked Ulfytail, Wicked Pirate Bunny, Pi-Bun and Pappy Heads from PT4:SE, as well as Whinytail (that purple dog in the final backyard of A Game About Trimming Hedges). A poorly edited image of him making him look like Poppytail is also my Gmail icon for nick.rosemarygames.poppytail@gmail.com.

My current Gmail icon.

Because I have also been sick, I haven’t been working on models for Ennuyeux and Summer Rose. They will come soon, but not now. I will work on finishing a small side project I’ve been working on, a game called One Million, that may come out in the next few days. After that, I’ll work on PT5 and the art for various characters and attacks for The Poppytales.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 01:45:27 am by NickamonPoppytail »

RIP Pirate Wray

Bombini

Firstly, Pirate Wray has died. Pirate was one of my dogs, and the inspiration for many characters within my book and many of my games. He was put to sleep a few days ago, on Monday afternoon (24th September). He was nearly sixteen and a half years old when he died (29th April 2002-24th September 2018).

I am sorry to hear that.
All the best!