Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

The Poppytales

NickamonPoppytail

Hello,

Some of you would have read or replied to questions I have asked about making an RPG in Stencyl (thank you to everyone who did), and on the "Introduce Yourself!" page of these forums, I mentioned the game was called The Poppytales, and it would be about the game Poppytail (http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,54694.0.html).

The game will be released just for Windows at the moment, and in "parts". Each part features 50 new characters, about 4 new worlds, and more content.

Feel free to ask questions but keep in mind I still haven't released the first game in the Poppytail series, and if I talk about characters or the plot of the game it may include spoilers or not make sense.

Thank you :)

NickamonPoppytail

Sorry about the huge image. This is what happens if I post something from my camera roll here.

NickamonPoppytail

Here is some more information:

During the battles, you have a team of five characters. Each character has four moves, none of which can be changed. Each turn allows you to choose whether to use moves, use items picked up or purchased in the game, switch to a backup team, or if you're fighting an unlockable character, you can increase your chance of unlocking them.

Once one character has been used, the other four must all be used before they can be used again. Once all characters have been used once, the player can once again freely pick any character, to avoid exploiting the one character's moves every turn.

That's all I'll say for today, thank you for reading!

NickamonPoppytail

Here is the progress I've made so far:

- Battle system almost complete
- 38/50 characters have been programmed
- Most of the first world have been made
- Character select screen almost complete
- Loading screens nearly complete
- Most Art for the game is complete
- Dialogue system complete, just need to write more text
- All characters can be locked or unlocked

Any questions I will try to answer as soon as I can.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 07:33:53 pm by NickamonPoppytail »

NickamonPoppytail

Sorry there aren't many images. I would show you more, but I haven't released the first main series game, so there are some things from that game that are in this one, that I'll let you discover for yourself if you decide to get the game.

Once it's released, I'll tell you more.

NickamonPoppytail

Update: I am also working on a feature that switches the character in the overworld to one of the characters in the player's party. Poppytail is set to the default character, as shown in the above screenshots.

NickamonPoppytail

Poppytail outside The Mansion, the starting area of the game.

This was the image I was referring to.

NickamonPoppytail

This was the image I was referring to.

For some reason the image didn't show up and the quote appeared twice.