Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Cannot Export and Test Game to Flash (both player and browser)

jaypatvin95

Hi,

I am using Stencyl 3.4.0b300 with an operating system of Mac OS High Sierra. My problem is that when I try to test the first and second Crash Course using either Flash browser or player, it says that it "Encountered errors while building your game." I tried publishing and testing it in both HTML5 and Mac (with Xcode) and it works. Attached is the generated Stencyl log. The only problem I can see from the log files is "The input swf newgrounds.swf is corrupted."

I tried searching for a solution in the forums and in Google but to no avail.

Thanks for the replies!

colburt187

And are you not using any of the new grounds blocks in the game?

NickamonPoppytail

If you press the 'Okay' button, sometimes it keeps going. I get a message like that every time I test a game, and for me it only takes 1 or 2 times for the game to work. I'm sorry, but I don't know how to fix this.

jaypatvin95

And are you not using any of the new grounds blocks in the game?

I don't think I am. All the things I'm using are from the Crash Course 1 and 2.

If you press the 'Okay' button, sometimes it keeps going. I get a message like that every time I test a game, and for me it only takes 1 or 2 times for the game to work. I'm sorry, but I don't know how to fix this.

I tried for several times but to no avail.

designpeg

i'm having the same issue, I dont think I'm using any of the newgrounds blocks, but maybe I am - does anyone know which blocks use newgrounds?

ceosol

I received this error after upgrading to High Sierra using build 9300 (3.4 release). The only fix I have is using one of the private beta builds. I think an even better solution is downgrading from High Sierra to another OS.