Latest version of Xcode and beta Stencyl. Game slows down a lot.

nicktendowii

Hi, I've had to install the beta of stencyl and new version of Xcode to be able to export my game and upload to apple. It seems to have caused a lot of problems though. Some levels of my game are showing a lot of slowdown. They played fine before but now they are struggling to reach 10fps. The game slows to a crawl. Also dome of the text I have used in the game is being replaced with black boxes?

Justin

Which version of Xcode are you using? I've heard that Apple fixed some serious OpenGL slowdown with Xcode 9 beta 2.

I don't know about black boxes though. Have you tried testing with older simulators?

For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 8am and midnight Japan time. (GMT+9)

nicktendowii

Which version of Xcode are you using? I've heard that Apple fixed some serious OpenGL slowdown with Xcode 9 beta 2.

I don't know about black boxes though. Have you tried testing with older simulators?
I'm using 9.0.1 It's only showing the black boxes over text on the iPhone but not all text just some of it. also the game has started randomly crashing. It's really annoying as I was very close to release after working on the project for close to two years now. all these updates have really made everything worse :(

Justin

If this isn't somehow connected to the Xcode issue (try beta 2, see if it helps) then you'll need to file an issue on our tracker with more details.

For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 8am and midnight Japan time. (GMT+9)