Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

File Dialogs [in progress]

ETHproductions

So I made a bit of an extension that allows (non-Flash) projects to open an "open file" or "save file" dialog. It's still a very early version, but you can download it here, or view on GitHub.

Please note that this requires the lime.ui.FileDialog library, which I believe was only added in one of the betas for Stencyl 3.5.

Example usage:

(Note that that is probably not a good title for the dialog...)

I'll add more information as the extension progresses.
Fontstruct - Stencyl - Website (in progress)

Proud Member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

LIBERADO

Thanks again. Downloading and testing...
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

merrak

I like the dialog title :) Keeping an eye on this. I'm coming to the realization I need to make my own level editor. I was just thinking about how I'd solve this problem, so this extension has great timing!

ETHproductions

This looks like an interesting extension... How long did this take you?

I found the class needed to do this just this morning, and spent maybe 3 or 4 hours throughout the day figuring out how each part works and then implementing it in blocks. It went way more smoothly than I'm accustomed to it being when I try to figure out a random API :P Obviously though with just a couple hours of work it's not very advanced, and may still have a few bugs or kinks, so please use carefully for now...
Fontstruct - Stencyl - Website (in progress)

Proud Member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.