Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Poppytail 2

NickamonPoppytail

I tried posting a darkened image on Game Jolt, and I just found out brightening it looks like Image 1.

Image 2 was what it was meant to look like.

Didn't notice that editing on an iPhone could distort images this much! Sorry about that!

NickamonPoppytail

Here is a new feature of Poppytail 2: Electricity.

Electricity is a percentage value that starts from 0% and quickly rises. If it gets to 100%, it's game over.

To decrease the electricity, you must click the piles of wires inside of walls (image below). Every click lowers it by 1%, and to lower it quickly you must click fast. But, found this can have two potential consequences:

1) If you lower the electricity below 0%, the wires malfunction and electricity will become 50%.
2) Some monsters nearby may kill you while you click. Some of them don't like it.

This adds extra challenge to the game as you must not only avoid more monsters than in the original game, but Alex will die if you don't pay attention to the electricity. This is a feature that occurs in the later main chapters.

Also, GamePrint (the monster, not the suit, will shoot things at you while you click, and Beachtime Poppytail has a random movement pattern.

NickamonPoppytail

I'm having trouble with one of my projects. This is not Poppytail 2, but it is a Poppytail game. That project is nearly finished and if I get an answer for this question it will be finished: http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,55082.new.html#new

NickamonPoppytail

If anyone finds all eight minigames, can anyone attempt to put the pieces of the plot together?

merrak

I tried running it under WINE and didn't get very far.

NickamonPoppytail

I tried running it under WINE and didn't get very far.

Poppytail and its sequel are made for Windows, and I don't know much about WINE because I had to Google it, but I'm not sure if there's any way to fix that.

If anyone knows how to fix that, can you post the solution?

NickamonPoppytail

Also thanks for being the first person to download it! (I know it says 2, but I accidentally pressed the download button without being logged in)

decafpanda

If you're looking for some feedback, why not make a flash version and upload it to newgrounds or Kong?  You will get your game out to way more people.

Even games that do poorly on Newgrounds usually get around 500-1000 plays, with a few reviews too.

NickamonPoppytail

If you're looking for some feedback, why not make a flash version and upload it to newgrounds or Kong?  You will get your game out to way more people.

Even games that do poorly on Newgrounds usually get around 500-1000 plays, with a few reviews too.

I'll have a look at Newsgrounds and Kongregate. In the meantime, I'll upload a Flash version of Poppytail 2 on Game Jolt for those who don't have a Windows computer. I'll upload in the next few minutes.