Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Finally Launched - Get your Promo download here!!!!

designpeg

After lots of weekend and evenings work, I've finally released Panda Babies   www.pandababiesapp.com. .

It's aimed at 3-10-year-olds. I've got about 60 promo codes left for this release, if anyone wants to test and give me feedback I'd really appreciate it,  just drop me a request with your email using the contact form on the site above.

Cheers.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 02:21:42 am by designpeg »

Bombini

Is it out in Germany?
Would love to test it with my kids.

designpeg

H Bombini, it should be available in Germany - I localised the app store page in German (well my friend did-hope it makes sense!!)  here's a promo code:

https://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/freeProductCodeWizard?code=KNKJRJTMF36M

« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 09:50:00 am by designpeg »

ultram

It's a kind of e-book?
Great looking website, really nice!

designpeg

hi ultram,  you've confirmed my fears - my screenshots/game previews don't show what the game actually does. It's actually an interactive play house style game, pretty much everything does something in the house and garden- working karaoke,mirror ball,cdplayer,bath,shower,dressing, it rains,is night etc etc.

I'm working on a promo video to show this.

ultram

hi ultram,  you've confirmed my fears - my screenshots/game previews don't show what the game actually does. It's actually an interactive play house style game, pretty much everything does something in the house and garden- working karaoke,mirror ball,cdplayer,bath,shower,dressing, it rains,is night etc etc.

I'm working on a promo video to show this.
Great!

Bombini

Hi designpeg,

i play tested the game with my kids (3-6years old) multiple times.
    In a nutshell: The app has a lot of soul. It looks very appealing and the exploration part is fun. Long term motivation is low though.

Here are our thoughts:

• Game goal unclear: We should look after the pandas (says the intro) but we didnt know how to accomplish that
    • Interaction: There is a lot interaction which is fun if discovered the first times but it becomes less exciting afterwards because the interactions are often not meaningful or have a clear result. A good example: Place panda on trampoline. Very fun. Bad example: place panda in bath tub because it doesn't do anything (for example washing its hair).

Constructive proposal:
    I would embed less interactions and make the ones you leave more complex. Let them tell a "Story". Again example bath tub: Let the player place the panda in it (like you do already). Let them open the water. Tub fills up. Let the player add bath foam to see a lot foam coming form the tub... and so on.
    Have in general more dependencies and reaction chains. Most fun from these games comes the question "what if".

Try foe example Tiny Firefighters:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tiny-firefighters-police-firefighters-for-kids/id632012899?mt=8

I am sure you can improve the game to a very good level.
Thanks!

[/list]

designpeg

hi, thanks for the feedback, i really appreciate it. initially if planned to have little though bubbles above the pandas with images to push kids towards certain tasks,  maybe that could work in the way you describe, eg when panda is put in bath, thought bubble pops up with bubble mixture bottle or shower etc. I can see what you mean by the number of interactions, there are so many in the game it will probably take a child a long time to find them all, eg pandas can hide behind the bedroom curtains, they can drink the washing up liquid - they don’t like it! they can eat the bamboo in the garden etc. further to your suggestion i need to find ways to nudge kids towards discovering these things

designpeg

one thing i found thoug, in my testing dependencies could frustrate younger kids eg i initially wouldn’t allow a panda wearing pants to sit on the toilet, but the kids hated this as they couldn’t understand why .