Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Game runs fine on Mac but crashes after starting level on iOS

nicktendowii

Has something changed with the latest update with regards to iOS? I can run the game fine on Mac but when running it on iPhone it crashes as soon as you begin a level. I’m not sure what could be causing it I’ve tried removing some code blocks and trying different scaling settings but nothing’s working. As as the game installs fine there’s no error logs to check either.
Thanks

colburt187

Are able to run the game in flash? or does mac give real time logs? I've noticed some errors crash iOS but not flash etc.

NickamonPoppytail

Are able to run the game in flash? or does mac give real time logs? I've noticed some errors crash iOS but not flash etc.

If you are testing the game in Flash, you'll have to convert all of your audio files to MP3s.

nicktendowii

The game runs fine in flash and on mac but on iOS it just keeps crashing. I really can't figure out why.

colburt187

If you have the log viewer open when running the game in flash, no errors show up?

nicktendowii

If you have the log viewer open when running the game in flash, no errors show up?
no, no errors at all, just the stuff I've set to appear in the log to test like score / lives etc

bonzero

same problem here, no idea what could be happening, I tried everything, disabling behaviours, drawing blocks, tile blocks, executing minimal code.. but it always crashes= get a black screen-->crash a few seconds later.

My game worked well with previous builds (9520) but since I updated to more recent ones, I don't know but the crash will always happen (I also tried b9689). I tried running in debug mode as Justin suggested on Discord but I always get a message: CPU not supported (tried with iPhone 6,6s,X)

On top of that every time I run on the iOS device, it takes 30min or more to run because it recompiles everything overtime, despite that I've tried all I could
I've been stuck for more than 1 week, and I really needed to publish 1 update to the app...:(

bonzero

and like nicktendowii mentioned, the game runs perfectly on Mac/ccpia, like it always did, except this time, it crashes on iOS

nicktendowii

and like nicktendowii mentioned, the game runs perfectly on Mac/ccpia, like it always did, except this time, it crashes on iOS
Glad i'm not the only one having this problem! It sounds like exactly the same thing. does the game load up for a split second them sort of stutter and freeze then crash after a while? I've started trying to reduce the file size but it's not making any difference. Like you I was hoping to submit it to apple a few weeks ago but all these issues have stopped me being able to :(

colburt187

what about trying to roll back to an older version of stencyl and Xcode?

nicktendowii

what about trying to roll back to an older version of stencyl and Xcode?
I did that and it runs fine but wouldn't work with a splash screen and apple rejected the app because of that..  which is why I updated the programs in the first place.

colburt187

Ah yeah I remember the weird loader thing showing instead of a splash screen. If you want to send me the game file I can see if I can get it to build and run.

nicktendowii

Ah yeah I remember the weird loader thing showing instead of a splash screen. If you want to send me the game file I can see if I can get it to build and run.
Thanks, just sent you a message :)

bonzero

Rolling back is not an option since the splash screens issues and icon at 1024x1024 were fixed later, both needed for publishing. I also tried compiling from 2 different macs, same result :s

colburt187

Were those issues for Xcode 9? I submitted an app a few weeks back with Xcode 8 and stencyl 3.4 due to release dec the 7th, cleared review no problems.