Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Newbie question: problem to show the numbers of counter

Steven70

Hi everyone,
I'm studying the font loading part to make sure that a simple counter is shown in the game. So, if I use the Stencyl characters, I have no problem, they are shown correctly on the screen. If I load custom fonts from bitmap image or if I download ready-made fonts from StencyForge, these are displayed in half, as if they are within a smaller window. It seems that they are cut to the sides and not shown correctly, especially when there are two digits (example 10,11,20,30, and so on). What do I need to set up to solve the problem? Thank you

Steven70

You say right! My english is no so good... :(
Anyway, the problem is shown in the pictures 1 and 2. In the first I see the counter shown correctly (with text and number). In this case I use default font of Stencyl. In the second pictures I use font downloaded from StencylForge. The font don't show it in correct way...and I don't know why...I get this problem with every font that I download...
I hope that you understand what I mean...

NickamonPoppytail

It looks like you're using bitmap fonts. Check that you have the positions of the letters and numbers in the right positions.

http://www.stencyl.com/help/view/font-editor

Steven70

Thnak you, very much!