Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Games won't test in Windows

MrScribbles

Hi, I've tried to test a game in Windows but when it finishes compiling, I'm only given a message to check my logs and post them on this forum. I've reinstalled Stencyl, and rebooted my PC after trying to run the game in Windows, but the game still won't load. My logs are attached. What do I need to do to get my games able to test in Windows?
When Updating
Be Creative

fillergames

Is the game supposed to be named "Tail"?

As it references that it can't find Tail.exe of sorts.

NickamonPoppytail

This happens to me a lot. I'm just lazy and just save my work, close Stencyl and then open it again if it happens repeatedly. Usually the first time it does this, then the second it shows the message again, but when I close that the game keeps loading and opens. Also, check to see if you have some version of the game already open, and use Run -> Clean Project when necessary.

MrScribbles

The problem happens with any project. I tried saving, closing Stencyl, reopening a project and testing it in Windows again, and using Run > Clean Project, several times with two projects, but they still won't load in Windows. Neither of them are named "Tail".
This is one of the events that I was given in the logs:

Level:     ERROR
When:      2017-11-13 15:54:39:529

Failed: Running Standalone (windows). (Return code: 1)

Do you think I should try reinstalling Visual Studio? (That's my last resort.)
When Updating
Be Creative

fillergames

Do you use a anti-virus at all?

As I had an issue with an anti-virus (Avast) that it detected games that saved as a virus, and deleted the game EXE. Had to contact their support about it to fix the issue.

Dunno if it's the same case here, though.