Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Doug Climbing out now on Android.

Ephoria

Hello !

Description

Doug Climbing is a platform 2D game in the pixel style. You will play a little character who looks like a marshmallow. You will jump and escape some trap for cross over all levels. I will offer a short adventure with Doug here. Currently I propose 20 levels.

Screens

Have fun !

You can leave opinions I would be delighted  :)

JeffreyDriver

Well done on getting a game published. That's an achievement in itself. I remember giving you feedback previously, so I won't repeat myself too much.

The game is fun to play, and I think you have the balance of ads just right. Jumping up through small gaps can be a little frustrating as you sometimes get caught, even though it looks like you should be able to get through, and some collision shapes seem a bit too big.

Personally, I'd like to be able to jump up through the moving platforms.

One suggestion, add some padding to the bottom of your levels, maybe 3 or four tiles because when your player is at the bottom of the level, the controls (and so your fingers) are over the actor.

Level design is great, but graphics need a little refining.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 02:46:14 am by JeffreyDriver »

Ephoria

Thanks JeffreyDriver for your feedback It's something that I enjoy a lot !

Your suggestion seems to me to be a good idea, I had not thought about that myself.
for the rest, I take note of any possible improvements. you're very positive arguments !

It's nice to know that my game can be appreciated  :)

Ephoria

I improved a few points on my app

- Added land at the bottom of the map to improve visibility on the player
- Fixed of some collisions
- Resize player’s display to improve rendering
- Possibility of crossing the elevator