Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Will there be discounts for Black Friday?

Steven70

I have recently met Stencyl (about three weeks) and I think I am in love with Stencyl. I would like to develop educational games and so these days I am studying it. Probably the version that is most congenial to me is the INDIE version because I'm going to create online games on the web. It would be great if there were some offers for Black Friday reserved for us who have not yet purchased the program. What do you think about it?

NickamonPoppytail

I think that would be a good idea; a temporary discount could get more people to purchase Stencyl.

Also, I'm pretty sure that you can publish to the web without getting the Indie package (via Abode Flash).

ceosol

Both flash and html5 are free to publish.

NickamonPoppytail

Both flash and html5 are free to publish.

Although HTML5 is still in beta. Also, web games tend to lag a bit more than Desktop apps, so don't use complicated things like random number generation.

JeffreyDriver

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but HTML5 exporting will be ready in the next major update.

Random number generation isn't an issue. I use lots of it. The number of simultaneous collisions are usually the main draw on performance.

NickamonPoppytail

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but HTML5 exporting will be ready in the next major update.

Random number generation isn't an issue. I use lots of it. The number of simultaneous collisions are usually the main draw on performance.

I didn't know that. Thanks. As for random number generation, I thought I saw that somewhere on Stencylpedia.

Steven70

@ CEOSOL
It is true, but we get always a "Made with Stencyl". I'll pay to remove it and the Black Friday could be a great opportunity...