First time user, Error building Crash Course

rolschner

HI,

I was teaching my son to build games.  We ran into this error after using the Crash Course Kit.
Error: The input swf newgrounds.swf is corrupted

How should we solve this?

2017-11-22 19:42:56,404 INFO  [Thread-19] stencyl.sw.util.StreamGobbler: [haxelib] Running command: BUILD
2017-11-22 19:42:56,407 DEBUG [Thread-19] stencyl.sw.util.StreamGobbler: [haxelib]  - Running command: haxe -main ApplicationMain -cp /Applications/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/openfl/openfl -D openfl=3.6.1 -cp /Applications/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/lime/lime -D lime=2.9.1 -cp /Applications/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/actuate/1,8,6 -D actuate=1.8.6 -cp /Applications/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/console/1,00 -D console=0.0.0 -cp /Applications/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/polygonal-ds/1,4,1 -D polygonal-ds=1.4.1 -cp /Applications/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/polygonal-printf/1,0,0-beta -D polygonal-printf=1.0.0-beta -cp /Applications/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/box2d/1,11 -D box2d=0.0.0 -cp /Applications/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00 -D stencyl=0.0.0 -cp Source -cp /Applications/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/openfl/openfl/extern -cp /Applications/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/extensions/gestures -D native-trace -D openfl-next -D tools=2.9.1 -D flash-use-stage -D no-compilation -D openfl-flash -D verbose=1 -D web --remap nme:openfl -D network-sandbox -D as3_native -D swf-directblit -swf-lib newgrounds.swf -swf-lib cpmstar.swf -resource Assets/graphics/preloader-bg.png@preloader-bg -swf-lib Export/flash/obj/assets.swf -swf-version 11 -swf "Export/flash/bin/Clown Around.swf" -cp Export/flash/haxe -debug
2017-11-22 19:42:56,503 INFO  [Thread-19] stencyl.sw.util.StreamGobbler: [haxelib] Error: The input swf newgrounds.swf is corrupted
2017-11-22 19:42:56,509 DEBUG [pool-1-thread-3] stencyl.sw.util.Util: Process 'haxelib' exited with code: 1
2017-11-22 19:42:56,509 ERROR [pool-1-thread-3] stencyl.sw.io.write.resource.HXWriter: Failed: Building for Flash. (Return code: 1)
2017-11-22 19:42:56,510 ERROR [pool-1-thread-3] stencyl.sw.util.dg.MessageDialog: Encountered errors while building your game.: Check your logs and post them to the forums.  - Please describe what you have been doing. Be as specific as possible.

Paddy674

Did you ever get a fix for this? I'm having the same issue. Using Mac High Sierra

Paddy674

If using high sierra on Mac. you have to export the mp3 files into OGG and then test via HTML 5. You can use 'Audacity' to convert the files.

NickamonPoppytail

If using high sierra on Mac. you have to export the mp3 files into OGG and then test via HTML 5. You can use 'Audacity' to convert the files.

You don’t need to use Audacity to convert audio. There are free options on the internet such as: https://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-ogg
RIP Pirate Wray
April 2002-September 2018

colburt187

You don’t need to use Audacity to convert audio. There are free options on the internet such as: https://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-ogg

Isn't Audacity free anyway?

JeffreyDriver

Audacity is free, but if I want do something quickly I now use this - https://online-audio-converter.com
Really useful for batch processing files quickly.
Current Projects:
Retro Redux Compilation (NEW).
Retro Redux (untitled) (NEW).
I always appreciate useful feedback. Thank you.
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk