My new site is up!

BonBonBunny

GRAHHHHH YOU GUYS.

I have been working SO HARD on this for the past month, and my efforts are finally coming to fruition!

My newly-revamped site is up!

It's in dire need of content still (gonna be adding comics and more recent artwork over the next several days), but I would vastly appreciate it if you guys browsed around and left some COMMENTS!

Uh... I thought I was gonna make this post longer, but I can't think of anything else!  I think I'm so excited about it I forgot. ;~;

Masked

Oh, this is excellent. Mind if I hit you up later on for some site design/hosting tips? :D

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM! The font is a bit hard to read on the left hand side of the site. Perhaps a darker pink?

BonBonBunny

Noted!  That pink link font was something that I pondered over about BUT THEN WAS LIKE "nah, it's fine".  WILL PROCEED MAKE SLIGHTLY DARKER.

...AND DONE.

And of course I am totally willing to help out my homies with tips of any kind!

Greg

Looks really nice - well done!  I agree with Masked's comments - and now that I see the darker pink it's much more readable.  I would even recommend doing the same thing for the other pink font on your page (over on the right in the brown section, as well as the main content).  Maybe the brown font (donations part) could also use some darkening to become more readable.

Rhys

That is amazing - it's put together so well that I have lost all hope of becoming a good web designer :o

BonBonBunny

Looks really nice - well done!  I agree with Masked's comments - and now that I see the darker pink it's much more readable.  I would even recommend doing the same thing for the other pink font on your page (over on the right in the brown section, as well as the main content).  Maybe the brown font (donations part) could also use some darkening to become more readable.
;-;  But #ffaabb is my most favoritest color in the whole world.

OKAY FINE.

I did it.  I made all of the links darker pink.  I hope you're all quite happy.

(Also darkened the brown text in the brown sidebar.)

(Also I am j/k about being defensive over my colors, I love this feedback, you guys rock)

Manuel

Nice design, I don't think this could get any cuter as it is. Good job.  :)
Game developers are the deities of the virtual realm.
Game Development Blog
Personal Tumblr
Personal Twitter

RandomJibberish

I think this wins cutest website of all time. Loving your artwork too :P

Some kind of background other than the plain white might be nice though.

Blob

It's much sleeker, and stands out more now, well done.
If I had to say anything bad it's that the animation aspect of the 'What's New' star feels a little out of place, but that might just be my tastes.

~ Blob

Strasteo

Adorable. :]

Hm, to me, the white background with really light pink dots is a tad glaring or 'hazy' like RandomJibberish commented. But then again, I think that's just my personal taste. It's really quite cute and well put together.

NobodyX

Quickly browsed through the website, and wow, very nice drawings! I don't know much about proper website-making, but it looks very solid and profesional to me!

Epic428

lol in case you didn't notice, I commented straight on the site. That is a really good Wordpress theme, and I will assume that the tutorials I posted for you worked out?
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs

BonBonBunny

OHMYGOSH YOU GUYS, SO MUCH FEEDBACK, you have no idea how ecstatic I was to check this thread after coming home from work and seeing so many replies!

First of all you don't even have any idea how happy I am to hear how much of this is positive.  I was actually fairly nervous about sharing my site here, because I admit I'm intimidated by the amazing programming minds gathered here on these forums.  I was ready to be shot down with comments like "The layout is a little blah" and "There are way too many categories, readers are gonna be overwhelmed, stop having such varied interests bluh bluh"  BUT THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

And now, the quoting begins!

Some kind of background other than the plain white might be nice though.
Hm, to me, the white background with really light pink dots is a tad glaring or 'hazy' like RandomJibberish commented. But then again, I think that's just my personal taste.
That background is one I've been using on pretty much every location where I can customize my background (old site, Twitter, Tumblr, Formspring), and back when I made it my use of colors was much more... unsaturated?  I think that's the best word.  Anyway, I just stuck with it out of habit, but YOU ARE BOTH TOTALLY RIGHT, since I'm now using colors that are more vibrant, my background needs some updating!!

If I had to say anything bad it's that the animation aspect of the 'What's New' star feels a little out of place, but that might just be my tastes.
Ah, that will fit in a bit more as I fill out the site with content.  Animated 'crayon' drawings that are basically idle but just kinda wiggle like that are going to be a recurring theme.  At first I had animated the Donate button and all of the social network links, but it just started to look crazy.  So, I won't be going for bunches of them on one page, but they'll turn up in comics and other posts.

lol in case you didn't notice, I commented straight on the site. That is a really good Wordpress theme, and I will assume that the tutorials I posted for you worked out?
I did notice!  THANKS SO MUCH.  The tutorials helped for sure.  I didn't start totally from scratch - I edited (heavily) the existing theme OmNomMonster, which looked excellent as a starting point because 1.) it's pretty simple-looking and 2.) it was the only theme with two symmetrical sidebars, one on each side of the main content, which was a look I'd decided upon from the get-go.

One last giant THANK YOU to everyone, for all of the nice things about my design in general as well as my art work!

Now, who wants to be my first donater?? 8D

Epic428

Ah, that will fit in a bit more as I fill out the site with content.  Animated 'crayon' drawings that are basically idle but just kinda wiggle like that are going to be a recurring theme.  At first I had animated the Donate button and all of the social network links, but it just started to look crazy.  So, I won't be going for bunches of them on one page, but they'll turn up in comics and other posts.

Perhaps what you could do to keep it from being too much, is animate them when the mouse is hovering. That way you get the best of both worlds. Anyway it is just a thought :P
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs