Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

A successful Idea!

cyrusrebello

I'm interested in getting involved, depending on what time I can spare. However, my advice is to keep learning Stencyl, and start making small prototypes of things you'd like to include in your big project.

Get planning your big project on paper, but don't jump straight into making it.

I started a large project http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/35588 but the sheer enormity of the task (and doing everything myself) made me lose interest. Encountering bugs can be really disheartening.

And here's the thing, I know so much more about Stencyl now, that I did when I started that project. In fact, there's lots of things I would approach in a different way than I did originally.

That's exactly my point

Doing things alone often results in demotivation and focusing on other aspects of what you're doing
If we can work together, i'm sure we'll be able to create something simple yet so unique

As for labelling it anything
I think it's best that we talk about it together before calling it a platformer or anything related

Two hands working together motivates one another like a yo yo back and forth to keep working on what we love to do and make it big on the Internet

Would you come together with me?

squeeb

wow.. your art an animations skills are good!

cyrusrebello

Takes a lot of practice and patience to build up to this point haha

I love animation.

colburt187

make something small first though, don't go straight in trying to make undertale, maybe do a game jam or make a mini arcade game.

Trying to make a big game, that could take over a year to build, with random people you don't know, has a 99% failure chance, in my opinion.

cyrusrebello

make something small first though, don't go straight in trying to make undertale, maybe do a game jam or make a mini arcade game.

Trying to make a big game, that could take over a year to build, with random people you don't know, has a 99% failure chance, in my opinion.

If there's that 1% left then I'd still give it a shot

HopFrog

You hear experienced indie developers say it again and again: start small  :) It dramatically increases your chances of actually releasing something. It is easy to start a new exciting project, but seeing it through is surprisingly difficult.

colburt187

If there's that 1% left then I'd still give it a shot

I actually think that trying it is the best thing for you to do, we learn best from our mistakes ;)

ceosol

I just wish we had a better grasp of what you are looking for. Can you maybe start a google doc and people who are interested can start writing thoughts. Once you have a better idea of story+scope, everyone will be much more encouraging with the overall process.