Can a board game like (central board based game) be created with Stencyl?

alienG

Hi! i am looking to transfer a board game i designed to digital, most things happen on a central board, many components and functions needed. Wondering if it is possible using this game design platform and how would that work, any advice? Thanks!

JeffreyDriver

Yes, certainly! One of the biggest hurdles would be (if you need it) online multiplayer. It would be a huge and complex task, but definitely possible.

I'd spend time learning Stencyl, developing prototypes, and creating efficient working methods, and build up to your final  project.
Current Projects:
Retro Redux Compilation (NEW).
Retro Redux (untitled) (NEW).
I always appreciate useful feedback. Thank you.
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk

NickamonPoppytail

Pretty much anything 2D can be made in Stencyl.

RIP Pirate Wray
April 2002-September 2018

ceosol

Even 3D (although more difficult)

NickamonPoppytail

Even 3D (although more difficult)

Do you mean like Merrak's Vallas Engine?

RIP Pirate Wray
April 2002-September 2018

alienG

Thanks everyone! I got absorbed by a totally unrelated project but would like to kick this one off the ground.  I did watch some of the recommended tutorials but I couldn't work on developing skills for what's needed, it would take me years to get to where i need.
Anybody interested in working on this?  I designed the board game in full and its one that would work great played on digital platforms.

TheIndieStation

Send me a email with some more details to info@theindiestation.com, or use the form on my website.