Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

The Latest Windows Update Causing Problems?

ozz

After the latest update was done installing my game tests(Cppia and Windows) were brimming with errors that I've not seen in ages.  Black boxes replacing frames of animation, menus turning invisible and inexplicable crashes in scenes that have never had issues. Has any one else having issues after the update?

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 10:49:06 am by ozz »

yoplalala

ozz

Oh, sorry Windows 10, the Home edition

1MrPaul1

i have problems with win10 creators updates, it have bug with memory using, so, stencyl using a lot of memory, and probably when windows started to glitch you saved your project and some project info was lost, check your resource folder, probably some behaviors text files are empty and some png images was corrupted

ozz

Thanks 1MrPaul1, I didn't think of that.  I've had the black box thing happen before, but last time making the Atlas more efficient/organized.  The Atlases did need updating and that, but it might be something else, (I really don't know) seems to have prevented it aforementioned glitches during testing, but there wasn't that much that needed resorting.  Guess I better check the Resource files too. 

ozz

All there and the error seem to have stopped, not quote sure what caused the issues, but it seems over.