Save To Kill on mobile

decafpanda

With the help of Ceosol I have gotten my first mobile game published!  It was a fairly popular flash game that translated  well to mobile.   Check it out.

IOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/save-to-kill/id1313993157?ls=1&mt=8

Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.decafpanda.savetokill

ceosol

It is a fun game. I have played it quite a bit over the past couple of weeks :)

decafpanda

Ha, it's funny, we have been caught up with so many issues I never really even thought to ask if you liked the game.  Glad you enjoy it!  And thank you again for everything.

domagojbulat

Congratulations on releasing your first mobile game!!! As you already know, I have rated it and reviewed on both platforms. It plays nice and smooth. I like the controls, buttons swapping ability and especially I love the new art of the icon and start screen. Vampire now looks more menacing. Nice work altogether!

decafpanda

Congratulations on releasing your first mobile game!!! As you already know, I have rated it and reviewed on both platforms. It plays nice and smooth. I like the controls, buttons swapping ability and especially I love the new art of the icon and start screen. Vampire now looks more menacing. Nice work altogether!

Originally I planned on using swipe Controls for the special attacks but they were too unreliable.  Once I switched to touch buttons I knew I needed to give left handed players an option. 

Did not get an Apple feature this week :(  but maybe next Thursday.  Ya never know.

Also, the game still does not seem to be able to be searched, meaning it is pretty much invisible to regular players.  Hopefully once the game is fully visible and searchable, the downloads will pick up.

Success or not I am proud of this game!  The flash version made enough money to cover these expenses so I'm not taking a loss if the game flops.  Plus I can always promote this game in my future releases.

I'm just happy to finally be done with this game.  From the Flash version and it's many updates, with deals I made that required branding for Armor and Addicting Games to completely redesigning the game for mobile I am DONE.

Tom at Newgrounds is running another front page roll to promote the mobile version.  So that needed an updated version with buttons to the mobile pages.  I also added in new medals for existing players.  So there I was at 1 in the morning  testing the medals... trying to get 25,000 pts in endless mode for like the millionth time lol.  I am DONE with this game.  I have played and tested this damn game way more than I ever thought I would.   :)

Excited to get Humanoid Space Race 2 out.  It's almost done! 

colburt187

Congrats on the release! I played the flash version a while back, looking forward to seeing how it plays on mobile.

A couple of tips for future mobile releases. You really have to try to tick all the boxes if you want to give your self a chance to get a feature. Apple are really pushing the iOS 11 stuff which is the 3 preview videos and the game subtitle. I see your game doesn't have the subtitle, which means it just says arcade under your games title, it's just 1 box in iTunes connects, why would you not fill that in! Also I see you only have 3 screenshots and no preview videos, fill all the slots, 5 screenshots and all 3 of the preview videos. The new App Store is heavily based around preview videos so you really should make sure those slots are filled.

Also did you fill out the promo request for on the apple developer portal and give 6-8 weeks notice for the launch?

Finally, December is the most competitive month of the year for releases, especially next week as the games featured next week will stay on the front page while the App Store freezes up over Christmas.

decafpanda

Thank you for the insight.  The biggest issue with this entire release is that I do not have any apple devices.  I am completely flying blind on my end.  I have never even visited the app store with an apple device so I do not know how games are presented.

It makes sense now.  I figured the video previews were huge but when I click on all of your games from my phone or computer I do not see those videos.  I thought that you and a bunch of other developers here did not include those preview videos so it did not register as a must have for the app description.

I need to get off my ass and get a tablet so I can at least browse the app store and take cues off of other games.  I would have easily caught the fact that I did not have a subtitle in my game  (or the importance of it) if I was browsing the store from an apple device.

All of this stuff is a great learning experience.   I think I'll update the game and try and get all of this stuff filled out.

Thanks again for your valuable insight!  Oh and  I really love big shot boxing!  I have been playing it a lot lately :)