Hunger Roll

ViniciusAlves

Played and rated. Good job. It took me a little while to get used to the controls, but when I did, it was a fun game.

Here's a few comments:

1. Add some more visual effects for events such as collecting corn etc.
2. The UI needs a little polish to make the UI graphics tie in better with the rest of the graphics
3.  I'd like to know how many levels there are. It shows which level I'm currently on, but I don't know how I'm progressing
4. When I navigated back to the main menu I had to restart from level 1
5. It's fun to play and the difficulty seems to ramp up well
6. I think the timer should be centered and more prominent. Maybe add some sort of warning when your time reaches 10 seconds
7. The music and sound effects are good and I like the graphics
8. Let me navigate the menu using the keyboard. Particularly the level success and fail screens so I don't have to keep going to the mouse. My hand is already on the keyboard so let me press up or something to continue/retry
1,2,3,6 - I'll try to work on it during the week. I don't have much time available because of an intensive course I'm taking this month.
4 - The scoreboard is based on the time spent on a single run through all levels from an animal. I'll implement level select when I port it to mobile eventually.
8 - Thanks for the suggestion! Now you can use the arrows to select the animals and press Enter/spacebar to go to next level/try again.

Once I got used to the controls, the game was pretty fun. Controls still seem a little odd, though, but I can't think of a better alternative, either. Keyboard navigation would be very useful. It's annoying having to switch between mouse and keyboard. Or... maybe some kind of mouse navigation would be possible.
Thanks for the feedback! Now you can play the game by using only the keyboard :)

domagojbulat

I like to play this game as a speed run. I think the most potential for this game is to spark up such competition between players.
If you find time, I recommend putting the time score always to be visible during the game play. The time rules need to be crystal clear. When I die and play again, does it count towards total time or that portion of time is reset? When I am trying to make a record I need to be aware how am I doing at any given moment. What is my current time score? Currently I need to play all the levels of a character just to find out in the end what is actually my total time.

NickamonPoppytail

I like to play this game as a speed run. I think the most potential for this game is to spark up such competition between players.
If you find time, I recommend putting the time score always to be visible during the game play. The time rules need to be crystal clear. When I die and play again, does it count towards total time or that portion of time is reset? When I am trying to make a record I need to be aware how am I doing at any given moment. What is my current time score? Currently I need to play all the levels of a character just to find out in the end what is actually my total time.

This does sound like an interesting idea.
RIP Pirate Wray
April 2002-September 2018

ViniciusAlves

You're definitely right. Also, I've got feedback from several people complaining about the lack of level selection. Although that was not my goal when developing the game, it seems some people like playing it this way. So now I have 2 game modes (Normal Mode and Time Trial mode). On Normal mode there's no time-limit and levels are unlocked gradually and can be accessed from the menu if you restart the game. I thought about calling it "Zen Mode", but some levels can be too challenging for that :P
On Time trial mode, time is kept as soon as you start and the total time is always displayed on the top of the screen.  I thought about writing a description for each mode, but I'm not a fan of text in this kind of game. I believe the level selection now makes it clear how many levels there are.

dreph

I just played it and wanted to say it was super fun! Hope to see it on iOS for free ;) maybe a paid version with 150 lvls?

ViniciusAlves

I just played it and wanted to say it was super fun! Hope to see it on iOS for free ;) maybe a paid version with 150 lvls?

Thanks for playing it! I'm unsure about what to do next. I'm considering revamping it for Flash/Windows instead of going the mobile route, even though that was the original idea.

dreph

It would still be an incredible addition to mobile with tilt for angles of the bar, and tap to lift/drop.   Keep us posted if you get it up on steam or the like :)