Spaceship Actor is present in scene but is not visible

HEWHOMADEMIKE

Hello guys,

I am new to stencyl and have been working on a very cool RPG/Explorer game. In the game I have a chain of sequences where the main player boards a rocket ship and blasts off into space. Everything is looking good until I hit the point where I switch the scene and create the actors rocket as the new player within the next scene, for some reason the sprite object is in the scene as it should be but is invisible, I have no effects in play or anything, the sprite functions and is view-able when tested alone on its own scene when pre-placed but for some reason when it is created in the scene switch it wont appear, what is even more odd is the game still acts like it is there, I can move and have the screen focused on  the position of the sprite even though I cannot see it, is this a common bug? :'( (The sprite has an asteroid ship movement behavior and that is about it, along with screen snapping and camera following effects.)

NickamonPoppytail

So if you turn on debug drawing (“Enable/Disable debug drawing” block), the collision box still appears?

It would be easier for us to help you if you posted your code.
I’m the guy who made the Poppytail series, The World of Elecreatures, Century Game and Easter Fun.

Email: nick.rosemarygames.poppytail@gmail.com

;)

HEWHOMADEMIKE

The collision block is still there, let me get the code leading to the scene shit.

HEWHOMADEMIKE

Here is the code, super basic, nothing along the lines of hiding sprites

HEWHOMADEMIKE

I have two different rockets, one full size as a prop for the scenes to show the lift off from the ground and then a second smaller rocket acts as the player post transition in space.(the smaller rocket is the troublemaker)

NickamonPoppytail

It could be an issue with tile layers if you have more than one. You might want to check to see if the actor is behind anything that may stop it from being visible. Have you got anything in the foreground?
I’m the guy who made the Poppytail series, The World of Elecreatures, Century Game and Easter Fun.

;)

colburt187

Do you use the hide sprite block at all? is there a reason why you can't just place the sprite in the scene to begin with?

NickamonPoppytail

Here is the code, super basic, nothing along the lines of hiding sprites

So “RED DAWN SPACE” is the problematic actor?

Does it make a difference if you create the actor in the events of “Terra Sector”?

;)

HEWHOMADEMIKE

So I only use a background for this specific scene and even upon removing it the actor is not present, I even made the actor from scratch to see if maybe it was a conflicting code issue but alas nothing, I am pretty stumped. I have noticed that the problem only occurs between the scenes transition, if I start the scene with the actor pre-created it only disappears when the scene transitions. Very odd, I have spent the past few weeks trouble shooting but cannot seem to nail down the issue. But thank you a for the help! Also I have other planets within the scene that are actors, and they show up just fine it seems to only be the player actor that happens to be a spaceship.

colburt187

If you want to email me the game file I can try to track the issue down, colinwlane@gmail.com

HEWHOMADEMIKE

I would just place the actor but I go from ground to space in the game and scene transitions are necessary, I'm going to continue testing, my running theory is possibly the asteroid movement behavior has a bug that causes it to disappear from view when the scene transitions but I cannot say for certain.

colburt187

Ok, well if you ever get too frustrated then send it over.

Do you have always simulate on the player character?

HEWHOMADEMIKE

If you want to email me the game file I can try to track the issue down, colinwlane@gmail.com

Thank you! I would appreciate the help, can you access it with just the basic export? Or do you require it as a certain save file?

colburt187

I just need the stencyl file, so export game and email that file.