Can I make anchored text on an unanchored actor?

jamescatania1

So, I am trying to make a very efficient npc engine with editable attributes in scene for name, what it says, etc. so I can make lots of gameplay for my game easily. I just realized that after a couple of hours I have made a huge blunder, as the npcs are moving and unanchored, so the text is therefore moving and unanchored. Is there a way to make the text anchored to the screen in the dialog boxes and such, when drawing from an unanchored actor? Thanks for your help

TheIndieStation

You can check out my rpg tutorial series on youtube. It will explain  how to create a simple but effective quest system with NPCs

colburt187

there are a few blocks in drawing you can use, 'Use screen space' for example, or you can choose the actor you want to draw too. So if you only have one text box you could use 'for each actor of type (text box) draw text at x of actor of type etc.

jamescatania1

Thanks for your help! I am away from the PC atm, but will either try the screen space thing or will create a invisible actor and set it's x and y to the x y of the camera and draw from that