Duplicating a bitmap font

TheVesuvius

Heya! I'm making a game and finally decided to change the font to one I made. I really made this account to sort this out, because... I could potentially loose days working on this one change.

So I have about 9 fonts with only a color change and two big ones with a color change. As far as I know right now, I should go through the process of making a new bitmap font 9 times until I'm done... I hope this isn't the case. It already took long to make one so are there any shortcuts?

irock

You should be able to duplicate the font and edit the image of the duplicated font to change its color

TheVesuvius

Yeah if you mean a regular font...

Bitmaps do not duplicate with the left mouse button so...

irock

Oh right. Are you using 3.4?

If you duplicate your bitmap font (right click it in the Fonts listing on the Dashboard and select "Duplicate") it should duplicate, but there's a bug preventing the image from being duplicated. After duplicating, if you go to your resources folder (Debug > View > View folder for this game, then open "resources") you can find the original font .png and copy and paste it in your file browser then rename it to match the latest .fnt file. So, if the latest .fnt file is 7.fnt, you'd want a 7.png as well.

TheVesuvius

No, my version is really old since I just recently got into making this game again.

I have found the resources folder but I'm not sure how to determine the new or original font. My resources seems to be jammed full of all kinds of stuff.

TheVesuvius

Ok I figured out how to do those things, but... well I could add the image, it's setting up the letters that is the problem. Duplicating the png only put the picture there.

TheVesuvius

OK so I figured it out somehow. By making a new font, duplicating the fnt file of the original and renaming it the newly created font I can reuse the lettering positions! Thank you!