Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Survival (working title)

squeeb

<a href="http://static.stencyl.com/games/38278-0.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://static.stencyl.com/games/38278-0.swf</a>

Joystick on the left is for moving your player (red dot).. youll notice lat and long moves ..the buttons on the right are to update.
left button gets your close lat and long of your location. (BROKEN ON MAP still gets your close location).. the button on the right is for weather based on latitude longitude location...
you can move your player with the joystick and then hit the right button to get the city, country and weather.. when you get lost.. hit the left button and go back to your location. (BROKEN, REFRESH PAGE TO RESTART, equator). im working on getting better long and lat data to have more accurate locations
you cant update weather more than 6 times per minute.. i blocked checking weather more than 1 time per 10 seconds for now

squeeb

I have a really ambitious game i want to make with stencyl.  i have many small mechanics i can combine to make a huge game.  i hate seeing all the stencyl is blank posts and others moving their big games to other engines.  this will be made 100 percent with stencyl and i wont move to another engine!
Please let me know if you find any bugs while playing around with this
Ill post more when i have more time

Id like to see if anyone else would like to contribute to game mechanics, graphics,  or sounds in that order..  ill program the game first then move to graphics then sounds.

i wont need graphics yet, any shared mechanics can be place holder graphics, view is legend of zelda from the snes
things ill;

NEED
longitude and latitude extension for mobile
rpg level system
hunting, fishing , mecahnics
enemy, animal, and npc ai

HOPE
being able to send attributes across network  from game to game (not real time)

HAVE
real location places and weather

BUGS
player gets stuck past long and lat max
set player to current location with button, show on map correctly

« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 01:46:11 pm by squeeb »

YobApp

Verry good jobb bro It could be really useful if update time become much faster !!!

merrak

I have a really ambitious game i want to make with stencyl.  i have many small mechanics i can combine to make a huge game.  i hate seeing all the stencyl is blank posts and others moving their big games to other engines.  this will be made 100 percent with stencyl and i wont move to another engine!

Neat to see another large scale project. I'm not sure where this is going, but what you have so far is pretty cool. I managed to get the red dot on my town  8)