Player Can Make Purchases boolean block

iroosma

My game is basically complete and I am now working on setting up IAPs.  One of the first things I do is check to see if the game is running on IOS.  Then I check to see if the player can make purchases.

I am using the boolean "Player Can Make Purchases" block.  So far, I can't get the "Player Can Make Purchases" block to ever return true.  See attached code image.

I have an active Apple developer license, IAPs are enabled for the app ID, and I am testing on an IOS device.

I'm sure it is simple, but would love some help.  Thank so much!

colburt187

Ive never used that block, not really sure what its purpose is. I think you want to request the info for all your product IDs in the first scene and not have it blocked by any bools.

iroosma

Thanks for the response, colburt187.  Per your advice, I removed that block.

I can now successfully get to the "A product info request succeeds".  In that block, I compare the product ID with a text string of the product ID that is setup in iTunes Connect.  But the comparison never works.  Example, If product ID = TestIAP then <do something>.  That if condition never passes.

Is the product ID from the "A product info request succeeds" function just returning the product ID setup in iTunes Connect?

colburt187

What does the product ID block read out as if your draw it to the screen in a draw block?

iroosma

It seems to be null.  If I draw the text or put it in a "Show alert with title" block.  It never displays anything.  I'm not why  a product info request succeeds but the product ID is empty.

colburt187

I've never used the product ID block unfortunately, I've only even done non consumable iaps, hopefully someone else can help.