Stencyl Starting Behaviors Kit

merrak

Recently I was asked to put together a short class at my town's library on creating a video game for the local teens. While I was making resources for it, I thought they would be worth sharing outside the presentation--so I started a resources website: http://www.anorthogonaluniverse.com/gamedev/

While the standard kit behaviors tend to be highly customizable, these behaviors are kept as simple as possible. I don't see why they couldn't be used in a full game, but they're really meant to be learning tools or 'starting points' for more complicated scripts.

I'm not done with the site yet. While I tried to minimize dependencies, some were unavoidable. Unfortunately, as of now the dependencies aren't noted. I did include a sample game that shows how the behaviors work together.

Suggestions, requests, etc. welcome!

ChristianEs

Nice, this should be sticked somewhere in the forums.

merrak

It needs a bit more work. This was thrown together pretty quickly so that I'd have something usable in time. One thing I need to figure out is how to clarify dependencies.

Once the presentation is over I'll start migrating more resources over to it and tidy the site up. I've built up a significant library of behaviors--most of which were created for Ludum Dare contests. No sense in letting them go to waste if someone else would find them useful :)

I used Jekyll to build the site. I'm impressed with it so far. I didn't do anything fancy--using the default theme and no other customizations. But it was much easier to set up than Wordpress.