Working With several actor types and setting the color of actor to those types

Hello all! I’m very inexperienced with stencil (as you’ll notice soon) and wondered something. How would I go about making an actor switch to an animation based on what was pressed before it has been pressed? For example I have actor 1. I want actor 1 to switch to an animation based on if it has pressed actor 2 or actor 3 (and so on). There would be a different animation based on the actor that was pressed before actor 1 was pressed. Then after actor one switches animations I would want that to end so that anything done after the switch is a new command (so that he could switch to yet another animation and this could theoretically go forever). Any and all help is greatly appreciated. If there is a video tutorial you could point me to dealing with something similar that’d also be greatly appreciated. I know this has something to do with lists and game attributes but I can’t make the connection.

JeffreyDriver

I don't quite understand what you're trying to do, but I'll try and help.

How many actors will you have? How many different animations will there be? Are you keeping track of just the last click, or multiple clicks?
Current Projects:
Retro Redux Compilation (NEW).
Retro Redux (untitled) (NEW).
I always appreciate useful feedback. Thank you.
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk

Vaibhav Sangwan

You can just add if block and insert the bottom side of actor was hit block under collisions>basic

So I have nearly 8 actors, each will result in a different animation for the actor I’m doing this for. I’m trying to track which actor the player clicks before it clicks the main actor (I guess I’m trying to track two clicks). One click to set what animation would result, and one click for the initiation of that animation change when the player clicks on the main actor.

Thanks for all the help guys!

I don't quite understand what you're trying to do, but I'll try and help.

How many actors will you have? How many different animations will there be? Are you keeping track of just the last click, or multiple clicks?

So I have nearly 8 actors, each will result in a different animation for the actor I’m doing this for. I’m trying to track which actor the player clicks before it clicks the main actor (I guess I’m trying to track two clicks). One click to set what animation would result, and one click for the initiation of that animation change when the player clicks on the main actor.

Thanks for all the help guys!