Neko VM is needed for MAC OS

Codeclass2

Hello guys. I installed Stencyl on MAC OS, but i can't compile any kind of games. Stencyl shows me a message "Stencyl needs to install Neko VM to this computer in order to install games". When i hit the button install - nothing happens.
I searched and found few threads there with same problem, but solutions there were either very hard or they didn't help me. One of them was to open the Console and open Stencyl with admin permission, i did that, the console asked me for password, which i don't even have on my laptop, so it just write's "wrong password, try again".
What do i do? I tried Stencyl on 5-6 Macbooks and only 1 has this kind of problem and i really am lost about this.

Justin

You should be logged in to an admin account, and provide the password for that account when prompted.

For Live Support: Join our discord channel and ping me @justin.

Codeclass2

Again, as i said, i am logged in admin account, and i even don't have a password for it.

Justin

It needs to be an admin account with a password.

Codeclass2

Ok, thanks, what do i do next?

Justin

Log in to your admin account with a password, open stencyl, try to test a game, provide the password for the account you're on.

Codeclass2

Thank you again. I could try it in a day, so i ask in advance - are there any other solutions? If that method fails, for example, if still nothing would happen if i press "install".

Justin

It should work, like it did for the other 5 macbooks. If not, it would probably be better to figure it out together on discord.

Mary Brune

It needs to be an admin account with a password.

Hey, I'm having this issue in my lab in my class. I am using my admin password for the iMacs and it's not installing the Neko VM. My students can't test the games or compile anything. WTF? Thanks.

Justin

Try following these. Do the troubleshooting steps first, and then the standard steps you've already tried before.

https://github.com/Stencyl/stencylpedia/blob/master/chapter-a/installing-neko.md

If it still doesn't work, let me know. I'm available for live help on our Discord server if you want, usually around 8am to 9pm JST.

Mary Brune

Thank you! I got it to work, but some students still did have compiling issues. I have to see if there's a way to get 4.0 installed on all the machines at once.