Dangerous Christmas!

komalrajsingh

Really great game you got here. Sliding block is beach though..Anyway, good luck with this.

AdventureIslands

GREAT NEW DUDE! I hope you would include new move to the character :)

Same character just more holiday colored clothes. Ducking is a new move that wasn't in DD.

Might give him an ability to throw daggers in DD2 to an actual enemies and switches but we will see.

AdventureIslands

Under Judgement in Newgrounds!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/586324

There seems to be a weird issue with Stencyl Newgrounds Ad Banners, if Ad Block is on the game gets stuck on the ad. I've seen other submissions where you can still click play even with adblock on. So is this a bug in StencylWorks?

iwantfood

I was hoping you would change the graphic style, but anyway, it was fun playing the game and the ending was kinda funny XD

looking forward tor your next game  ;)

thegenericbanana

I've been playing this game yesterday, but I couldn't seem to get passed some parts. I'm not good with the ice :P
Great game, though, one of my favorites of the site.
Johnny Turbo's Surgery Frenzy

KungFuFurby

I beat the game, and what a way to end the game! ^_^
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games

Jon

I mentioned the game to Tom Fulp - maybe it'll be featured around Christmas time if he likes it.

AdventureIslands

I was hoping you would change the graphic style, but anyway, it was fun playing the game and the ending was kinda funny XD

looking forward tor your next game  ;)

Graphical style is the same because I started to make this as a level pack for original DD. Then I just came up with a plot and it turned into it's own little game.

I beat the game, and what a way to end the game! ^_^

:D Glad you like it, probably were not excepting that to happen in the ending?

It's unfortunate I hate to cut the factory levels to make the game finished for Christmas, that Factory theme is great. Well atleast I used it in cutscenes. If I had started to make the game for flash from the very start, the game could very well have like 20 levels.

I mentioned the game to Tom Fulp - maybe it'll be featured around Christmas time if he likes it.

Haha this is pretty cool, lets hope so.

Hmm Physics have gotten some complaints again. Somehow I just suck at setting them right it seems.

KungFuFurby

I made a rendition of "We Wish You A Merry Christmas", and the track went on unused. That's the only one that went missing. The other seven are confirmed.
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.

AdventureIslands

Ach! You are right! Well, I hope you don't mind that not all songs end up getting to the game. I just thought the cheery jiggle bells fitted the already hilarious ending. If I had started to make the game earlier, it could have had more stages and more your songs. Oh well.

Hmm, the Newgrounds reception has been quite average. That's what you get when you try to please the hardcore crowd. Perhaps I will make my next game less hard because people don't seem to like challenge these days.

iwantfood

Not really, i liked the way it was, just dispointed that you didn't make it longer and change the art style...

^^ i hope with this word, it will encourage you to keep it up !

AdventureIslands

Originally it was supposed to have ice levels and afterwards some factory themed levels with crushers, conveys belts, gift wrapping machines etc etc, but I wanted to finish the game before Christmas so I had to cut some content.

I think I save the factory themed levels for DD2.

KungFuFurby

Hey, I'm OK with that. Besides, this isn't the first time I've produced an unused tune. And it won't be the last. There are SNES games that I've found unused music for. They were left behind, not overwritten, and completely unused.

If it's unused, you'll never hear it unless I actually release it. So here's the unused tune in MP3 format:

Unused Dangerous Christmas Tune!

If this were a SNES game, I could invent a music modifier that would allow you to access the unused tune. However, this is a Flash game, and it's a lot more dangerous for me to invent a music modifier, if at all (in this case, I don't think I'm going to invent one... especially considering I have no idea how to modify raw .swf files to play the music without messing everything up. I typically mess everything up while experimenting on SNES games, and at least they're only emulated. Flash games can affect the real deal, so I wouldn't do that for safety reasons).

« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 07:03:28 pm by KungFuFurby »

AdventureIslands

Actually I updated the newgrounds version, made the second stage easier and added the missing song to the stage selection and the normal credits you can watch from the main menu. The true credits after final boss still has the title theme though.

I would update the stencyl version too, but for some reason it creates a new game instead of updating the old one, what gives?

EDIT: I checked the game.xml file and saw that the game ID was wrong and the OnlineID was missing. I fixed them and managed to update the game now. Perhaps backing up the game in Forge broke it?

Going to upload the updated version to Kongregate later today when the weekly contest starts again.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 01:46:50 am by AdventureIslands »

Jon

Interesting observation - I'll let the testers know.