"Pengwin" - Falling Penguin Game

TheeSeaverShow

(1/2)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/To1ddAKter0&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/To1ddAKter0&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Below is a simple... VERY SIMPLE... layout of what I plan to do:

1st Step: Eliminate Stupid, illogical, and messy code.
2nd Step: Finish the programming of the core mechanics.
3rd Step: Test and add user wanted mechanics.
4th Step: Polish core mechanics.
5th Step: Polish Animations and Graphics
6th Step: Test and add user wanted graphics and additions.
7th Step: Test more.
8th Step: Polish code.
9th Step: Fork Project to adapt for each platform
10th Step: Test on all platforms.
11th Step: Fix all Mistakes and bugs
12th Step: Test some more
13th Step: Advertise and promote
14th Step: Release
15th Step: Updates

Below are some images.  I will be updating images and commentary as I continue work on this game.  Hope when im ready, you guys will help test and leave feedback.

Main Screen -

World Select -

Level Select -

Level Screen Shot-

Win / Lose Screen -

PS: Let me know if any of you have some leads to good cartoon artist.  I am really interested in finding an artist that I can continue to work with in the future as well.  Also, please let me know if you know of a good site to post pictures and VIDEOS from.  Used photobucket in the past, but as im sure your know, they don't do free 3rd party hosting anymore :(

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 07:21:39 pm by TheeSeaverShow »

TheeSeaverShow

(2/2)

Currently Working on:

Main Screen

- Add ocean sounds
- Add Penguin animations and lighting
- Add Coins Count

- Add Shop Button and Functionality 4/15/18
- The Penguin is over rotating to the right after a few mins.  4/14/18
- Add Credits Screen  4/14/18
- Penguin needs to move up and down more frequently to simulate ocean movement better.
- Greenford Games Button Image 4/5/18
- Animated Ice Float 4/5/18

Level Select

- Change sounds per world
- Animations on the bottom of screen + Tips.
? Banner Ad on Bottom ?

- Button Graphics Update
- Not unlocked sounds 4/5/18
- Total Score needs added 4/14/18
- Word Animations and sounds. 4/14/18
- Arrange / Center Actors by Screen Percentage 4/14/18
- Program New Word Unlocks 4/14/18

Win / Lose Screen

- Best / Least Blocks destroyed + Record
- Tips
- Funny Remarks from Penguin

- Animate the total stars achieved 4/14/18

Camera Behavior
- Have freehand camera lock to normal between switching.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 05:40:44 pm by TheeSeaverShow »

TheeSeaverShow

I added a small video preview of how the game is going so far.  Last night I eliminated over 80 behaviors that I deemed useless or poorly written.  I am going to continue to polish some of the code today.  Also, I am emailing several artist that have caught my eye on twitter.  If anybody has any suggestions or referrals, please let me know!

Thanks friends,
Kyle

TheeSeaverShow

I added some before and after pictures of what Ive done over the past week.  Just trying to polish up the games look a little bit.  I am going to start more on the programming side of things now.  I have also reached out to some artists about making some art for the game. 

If you have any questions or maybe wanna be part of the beta testers? let me know!  I would be happy to add you to the loop and get your feed back!

squeeb

I can beta test android.  My girl has ios device also.  Let me know what i can do to help.  What art style?  Any mechanics you need?  Id be willing to trade some work for ad space in your game or a couple bucks :p. Or for free.. i just want to see some more finished stencyl games!

TheeSeaverShow

Updated the preview video to show where I am currently at with my progress.  Also, I started a testflight list for some alpha/beta testers.  If your interested in the project and care to help test it and point out mistakes, suggestions or anything else, Please comment your testflght email address and Ill get you added. I have been updating it nightly with work I get done each day.

TheeSeaverShow

I can beta test android.  My girl has ios device also.  Let me know what i can do to help.  What art style?  Any mechanics you need?  Id be willing to trade some work for ad space in your game or a couple bucks :p. Or for free.. i just want to see some more finished stencyl games!

I havent found anything that allows me to beta test for andoid.. (I havent look very hard to be honest, but I plan to).  If your girl downloads the application testflight, and you can message me her email on here or at Greenfordgames@gmail.com.  I will get her device added and send out the Email.

Thanks for the interest in Stencyl too.  I love this program and really until hope I can join the few that make some seriously cool games on here.

TheeSeaverShow

Here is a quick preview of the care I am attempting to put into all 100 levels. I want it to be challenging while still offering some fun solutions.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rDv6BhyeUPg&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rDv6BhyeUPg&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

TheeSeaverShow

Im on call for my day job for the next week, so every night this next week is going to to be spent making improvements on this game. If anybody has any questions or wants to engage let me know by commenting or sending me a message at Greenfordgames@gmail.com or using the  contact form at www.Greenfordgames.com

Happy Thursday everyone!

squeeb

I havent found anything that allows me to beta test for andoid.. (I havent look very hard to be honest, but I plan to). 
In the play console you can add emails for testing

If your girl downloads the application testflight, and you can message me her email on here
Ill have her get it and Ill pm you now

TheeSeaverShow

I havent found anything that allows me to beta test for andoid.. (I havent look very hard to be honest, but I plan to). 

If your girl downloads the application testflight, and you can message me her email on here
Ill have her get it and Ill pm you now

Thanks for the reply, and I got your PM.  Ill look into the android testing now.  Thank you.

TheeSeaverShow

Hey Squeeb, I cannot get it to publish to Android.. I am not sure what's going on.. They changed the Play console quite a bit since last time I used it.  I'll continue to fill out everything and try to get it working though.  Might not be today though

TheeSeaverShow

I got the last error figured out when trying to publish to android.  Now i am running into the following when trying to upload the beta section of the play store.

You uploaded an APK with an invalid signature (learn more about signing). Error from apksigner: ERROR (Jar signer CERT.DSA): Failed to verify JAR signature META-INF/CERT.DSA against META-INF/CERT.SF: java.security.InvalidKeyException: The security strength of SHA-1 digest algorithm is not sufficient for this key size

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 09:58:34 am by TheeSeaverShow »

squeeb

I got the last error figured out when trying to publish to android.  Now i am running into the following when trying to upload the beta section of the play store.

You uploaded an APK with an invalid signature (learn more about signing). Error from apksigner: ERROR (Jar signer CERT.DSA): Failed to verify JAR signature META-INF/CERT.DSA against META-INF/CERT.SF: java.security.InvalidKeyException: The security strength of SHA-1 digest algorithm is not sufficient for this key size

Ahh.. ok its the keystore.. did you make one? Or maybe typed in the wring password and alias?

TheeSeaverShow

Ahh.. ok its the keystore.. did you make one? Or maybe typed in the wring password and alias?
[/quote]

Thats what I thought... But you only need one stencyl.keystore.. and it works for my other games fine.  Im going to keep researching it, I have a few other android users interested too so ill keep you posted if I get it figured out.