PengWin - Outline, Previews, Process. 2 Demos and 3 Dances Added.

TheeSeaverShow

Video Dance Previews

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8eMDG0dMl9w&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8eMDG0dMl9w&amp;feature=youtu.be</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gYWKDIh1ilg&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gYWKDIh1ilg&amp;feature=youtu.be</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SZt6oPKQiMk&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SZt6oPKQiMk&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Demos
<a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/g315q53eb6l2uc2/Pengwin25.swf?raw=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.dropbox.com/s/g315q53eb6l2uc2/Pengwin25.swf?raw=1</a>          <a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/2merollu9j674jv/Pengwin26.swf?raw=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.dropbox.com/s/2merollu9j674jv/Pengwin26.swf?raw=1</a>

By Request: 2  Level Demos Below.

Below are some images.  I will be updating images and commentary as I continue work on this game.  Hope when im ready, you guys will help test and leave feedback.

Main Screen -
Version 5 Version 6
Version 4 Version 5
Version 4 Version 5
Version 4 Version 5
Version 4
[/center]

« Last Edit: Today at 12:37:30 pm by TheeSeaverShow »

TheeSeaverShow

Currently Working on:

Main Screen
- Add ocean sounds
- Add Penguin animations and lighting ( 1/2 PAID for, Waiting on Artist)
- Add Coins Count

Level Select
- Change sounds per world
- Animations on the bottom of screen + Tips.

Win / Lose Screen
- Best / Least Blocks destroyed + Record
- Tips
- Funny Remarks from Penguin

Camera Behavior
- Have freehand camera lock to normal between switching.

World Screens - What needs done.
WS1 - Camera Button Needs to be on the Screen.
WS2- Star us way off on the top left.  Camera button as well. Background needs done
WS3 -
WS4 -
WS5 -
WS6 -
WS7 -
WS8 -
WS9 -
WS10 -

Levels - What needs done.
L1- Add 1 Row to Right Side of Screen to fit on iPad. Center the Camera.
L2-Add 1 Row to Right Side of Screen to fit on iPad. Change Gold to Green.
L3-Add 1 Row to Right Side of Screen to fit on iPad.
L4-Add 1 Row to Right Side of Screen to fit on iPad.
L5-Add 1 Row to Right Side of Screen to fit on iPad.
L6-Add 1 Row to Right Side of Screen to fit on iPad.
L7-Add 1 Row to Right Side of Screen to fit on iPad. Changed Bronze to Red. Change Clicks from 5 to 4.
L8-Add 1 Row to Right Side of Screen to fit on iPad.
L9-Add 1 Row to Right Side of Screen to fit on iPad. Change Clicks from 4 to 5.
L10-Add 1 Row to Right Side of Screen to fit on iPad. Make this a known Skill level. Possibly make the last level in each world like this.  Also need to Animated the worldX unlock after each final level win!
L11- Possible, But Green Solutions only works 70% of the time. I like the thought, but the level needs fixed.
L12- Add 1 Row to Right Side of Screen to fit on iPad.
L13-  Change gold blocks to Green. Change Bronze Blocks to Red.
L14- Add 1 Row to Right Side of Screen to fit on iPad. Change Clicks from 5-4
L15- Add 1 Row to Right Side of Screen to fit on iPad.
L16- Add 1 Row to Right Side of Screen to fit on iPad.
L17- Change Bronze to Red. Change Gold to Green.
L18- Add 1 Row to Right Side of Screen to fit on iPad.
L19- Add 1 Row to Right Side of Screen to fit on iPad. Skill Based really really badly. Can be beaten in 2 clicks.
L20- Add 2 Rows to the Right Side fo Screen to fit on iPad.  Timing Based! Also need to Animated the worldX unlock after each final level win!
L21- Not mentioning needing to add a row anymore. Very Nice level. Good Job on this one K.
L22-  Needs to be 7 moves? instead of 5.
L23- Very Nice level. Good Job on this one K.
L24- Needs a rework.  Delete a few blocks not needed. Make Yellow/Red happen more.
L25- Very Nice level. Good Job on this one K.
L26- Very Nice level. Good Job on this one K.
L27- Very Nice level. Good Job on this one K.
L28- Very Nice level. Good Job on this one K. It is skill + timing based.
L29- Very Nice level. Good Job on this one K. Timing. Patience.
L30- Very Nice level. Good Job on this one K. Also need to Animated the worldX unlock after each final level win!
L31- Very Nice level. Good Job on this one K.
L32- Very Nice level. Good Job on this one K. Skill + Timing based.
L33- Its Possible..  I get it about 6/10.  Needs to be fixed, Love the concept though.
L34-  Very Nice level. Good Job on this one K. Timing Based. Pretty Easy once you figure it out.
L35- Needs fixed. I do not like the level in general.  Do a small rework and test again.
L36- Very Nice level. Good Job on this one K.
L37- Very Nice level. Good Job on this one K.
L38- Needs fixed. I do not like the level in general.  Do a small rework and test again.
L39- This is ok.... Pretty easy... does not have a lot of flow.
L40-  his level is possible and is about 6/10 when you know how to do it. It is tough though.  Also need to Animated the worldX unlock after each final level win!

L41- Love the idea. It ssooooo good. But the execution is too hard.  Need to fix this one.
L42- Amazing level!  Great job on this one!
L43- This was the hardest decision on as to if its too hard or  not. Very possible 10/10 when I figured it out. But this one is on the fence.  We will need to put this one up on the block for the testing phase.
L44- Possible but I think it needs to be changed.
L45-  Timing but easy once you figure it out. Maybe make Block1 a big block?
L46-  Possible but very very dumb.  Needs fixed.
L47-  I do not know how to beat it. Cant Remember.
L48-  Double click allowed? This would open up this level and many many more. Think about it!
L49-  Easy but needs patience. Good level I think.
L50- Got three stars... but the level is tough.  I dont know that it will go ever well.
L51- STUPID Level.
L52- Needs fixed. It is very possible, just hard.
L53- Bad Level!
L54- Timing but easy once your know it.
L55- Beat it fine but its dumb
L56-
L57-
L58-
L59-
L60-
L61-
L62-
L63-
L64-
L65-
L66-
L67-
L68-
L69-
L70-
L71-
L72-
L73-
L74-
L75-
L76-
L77-
L78-
L79-
L80-
L81-
L82-
L83-
L84-
L85-
L86-
L87-
L88-
L89-
L90-
L91-
L92-
L93-
L94-
L95-
L96-
L97-
L98-
L99-
L100-

« Last Edit: Today at 12:41:10 pm by TheeSeaverShow »

TheeSeaverShow

I added a small video preview of how the game is going so far.  Last night I eliminated over 80 behaviors that I deemed useless or poorly written.  I am going to continue to polish some of the code today.  Also, I am emailing several artist that have caught my eye on twitter.  If anybody has any suggestions or referrals, please let me know!

Thanks friends,
Kyle

TheeSeaverShow

I added some before and after pictures of what Ive done over the past week.  Just trying to polish up the games look a little bit.  I am going to start more on the programming side of things now.  I have also reached out to some artists about making some art for the game. 

If you have any questions or maybe wanna be part of the beta testers? let me know!  I would be happy to add you to the loop and get your feed back!

squeeb

I can beta test android.  My girl has ios device also.  Let me know what i can do to help.  What art style?  Any mechanics you need?  Id be willing to trade some work for ad space in your game or a couple bucks :p. Or for free.. i just want to see some more finished stencyl games!

TheeSeaverShow

Updated the preview video to show where I am currently at with my progress.  Also, I started a testflight list for some alpha/beta testers.  If your interested in the project and care to help test it and point out mistakes, suggestions or anything else, Please comment your testflght email address and Ill get you added. I have been updating it nightly with work I get done each day.

TheeSeaverShow

I can beta test android.  My girl has ios device also.  Let me know what i can do to help.  What art style?  Any mechanics you need?  Id be willing to trade some work for ad space in your game or a couple bucks :p. Or for free.. i just want to see some more finished stencyl games!

I havent found anything that allows me to beta test for andoid.. (I havent look very hard to be honest, but I plan to).  If your girl downloads the application testflight, and you can message me her email on here or at Greenfordgames@gmail.com.  I will get her device added and send out the Email.

Thanks for the interest in Stencyl too.  I love this program and really until hope I can join the few that make some seriously cool games on here.

TheeSeaverShow

Here is a quick preview of the care I am attempting to put into all 100 levels. I want it to be challenging while still offering some fun solutions.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rDv6BhyeUPg&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rDv6BhyeUPg&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

TheeSeaverShow

Im on call for my day job for the next week, so every night this next week is going to to be spent making improvements on this game. If anybody has any questions or wants to engage let me know by commenting or sending me a message at Greenfordgames@gmail.com or using the  contact form at www.Greenfordgames.com

Happy Thursday everyone!

squeeb

I havent found anything that allows me to beta test for andoid.. (I havent look very hard to be honest, but I plan to). 
In the play console you can add emails for testing

If your girl downloads the application testflight, and you can message me her email on here
Ill have her get it and Ill pm you now

TheeSeaverShow

I havent found anything that allows me to beta test for andoid.. (I havent look very hard to be honest, but I plan to). 

If your girl downloads the application testflight, and you can message me her email on here
Ill have her get it and Ill pm you now

Thanks for the reply, and I got your PM.  Ill look into the android testing now.  Thank you.

TheeSeaverShow

Hey Squeeb, I cannot get it to publish to Android.. I am not sure what's going on.. They changed the Play console quite a bit since last time I used it.  I'll continue to fill out everything and try to get it working though.  Might not be today though

TheeSeaverShow

I got the last error figured out when trying to publish to android.  Now i am running into the following when trying to upload the beta section of the play store.

You uploaded an APK with an invalid signature (learn more about signing). Error from apksigner: ERROR (Jar signer CERT.DSA): Failed to verify JAR signature META-INF/CERT.DSA against META-INF/CERT.SF: java.security.InvalidKeyException: The security strength of SHA-1 digest algorithm is not sufficient for this key size

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 09:58:34 am by TheeSeaverShow »

squeeb

I got the last error figured out when trying to publish to android.  Now i am running into the following when trying to upload the beta section of the play store.

You uploaded an APK with an invalid signature (learn more about signing). Error from apksigner: ERROR (Jar signer CERT.DSA): Failed to verify JAR signature META-INF/CERT.DSA against META-INF/CERT.SF: java.security.InvalidKeyException: The security strength of SHA-1 digest algorithm is not sufficient for this key size

Ahh.. ok its the keystore.. did you make one? Or maybe typed in the wring password and alias?

TheeSeaverShow

Ahh.. ok its the keystore.. did you make one? Or maybe typed in the wring password and alias?

Thats what I thought... But you only need one stencyl.keystore.. and it works for my other games fine.  Im going to keep researching it, I have a few other android users interested too so ill keep you posted if I get it figured out.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 05:26:55 pm by TheeSeaverShow »