PengWin - Outline, Previews, Process. 2 Demos and 3 Dances Added.

squeeb

Yes.. but if you type it into stencyl wrong.. or not select the one you made from before.. thats what i always start checling with any errors like this.. i haven't seen this one yet though

TheeSeaverShow

Jumping on for a few hours, If anybody is on and wants to talk or ask questions / suggestions, let me know.  Squeeb... still havent figured out this android yet.  Ill let you know when I do. :(

squeeb

Jumping on for a few hours, If anybody is on and wants to talk or ask questions / suggestions, let me know.  Squeeb... still havent figured out this android yet.  Ill let you know when I do. :(
No worries.  Let me know if you have any questions.. or anything i can do to help

TheeSeaverShow

Hey everybody, I am back on my grind this week. I've been on a work trip to DC  since last week ... Left Ohio, drove through Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia and D.C. attending some conferencing classes, and drove back. So needless to say, I haven't got much done.  But today... I Will!

Log 4/14/2018

-I implemented a "Clicks Allowed Per Level" behavior.  Setting the number of clicks allowed per level to a tested amount.  Also disabling the ability to click a block once your at zero.  I also plan on making the bricks animated or the area showing the "clicks allowed" animated to allow the user to easily understand they don't have any more clicks.  (I am not trying to use words.. Removing the need to localization.)

- Added the "Stars Obtained" to world to the world select screen. Allows the user to see how many start they have obtained vs how many are possible for each world

- Added star achieved animation on win/lose screen.  Allows users to see the amount of star they got on the level they just played.  Also added a little sense of achievement.

- Centered/positioned the buttons on screen for every device size.

- Fixed actor movement on level select screen.

-Added sounds on block destroy and reset buttons.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 08:14:36 pm by TheeSeaverShow »

TheeSeaverShow

So I finally figured out the Android Testing stuff.... I think.  I posted to an alpha version.  I added you to it squeeb.

* Still pending. Ill let you know when its not.  Also, I believe that you will need to go to

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.greenfordgames.pengwin

to play it

squeeb

Cool.. nice concept.. i am playing it now..  i see the things you still need to work on.. i wont point those out.. what shall i be looking for while testing?

TheeSeaverShow

Cool.. nice concept.. i am playing it now..  i see the things you still need to work on.. i wont point those out.. what shall i be looking for while testing?

Please DO point them out.  I obviously am in VERY VERY early stages of production, but I want to get as much input as possible.  Be harsh, be mean, be constructive, it doesn't matter. No input is bad input. 

Also, you got a build that is a week or two old.  I will update it sometime this week.

Personally I don't like that the penguin is a Square... I feel like it puts to much inconsistency into the game.  I am deciding whether or not I want to make him a snowball covered circle.  Then have the gravity a little stronger to prevent the "teetering" motion you get between blocks.

If you have any suggestions or you find any errors, please point them out!

Thanks,
Kyle

TheeSeaverShow

Also, does it show a giant black box on the level select screen for you on android?  It never had this before while testing for android, but when I downloaded and installed that build from the playstore, the level select screen is 50% blacked out... Ill have to figure out whats going on there.

squeeb

Also, does it show a giant black box on the level select screen for you on android?  It never had this before while testing for android, but when I downloaded and installed that build from the playstore, the level select screen is 50% blacked out... Ill have to figure out whats going on there.

This is what i see... also. . Plans for the player name level select part.. facebook leaderboards or something?  Looks like it.. thats why i ask

TheeSeaverShow

This is what i see... also. . Plans for the player name level select part.. facebook leaderboards or something?  Looks like it.. thats why i ask

Yes, I have been keeping my eye on an extension that allows for facebook with friends type of level select. Haven't messed with it at all, but Ive been trying to find people on the forums that have used it and learn more about it.

If you have any opinion on what art style I should go for, game play mechanics that need changed, or levels too hard/easy, or suggestions at all about the game, let me know. Always looking for input.

TheeSeaverShow

I updated the main post with some updated graphics.  I plan to release a demo video and some playable demo levels in the future.  But for now, some quick progress pictures will have to do.

TheeSeaverShow

Gonna be on for the next 4 hours or so working. If anybody has any questions, comments, or suggestions, feel free to chime in.

I added a few pictures, and am currently working on going through each level and narrowing them down to a few categories.  Skill, timing, click and watch, Luck, and Need Rework.  Also scanning for bugs, crashes, and scaling issues on iOS/iPad Mini comparison.

TheeSeaverShow

Going to continue to update the main posts.  I am starting to fix the first 40 levels.  Trying to move testing time for not when I am on the computer.  I do not seem to have much time at home lately.

I also am going to start looking into sprite/actor animation softwares.  The only one Ive seen from quick searching was Spriter.  It has some built in assets and moves as well.  The main reason is because I want to make some dances with some characters.  Win/Lose animations, and just funny easter eggs.  If anybody has any input on other softwares, or has experience in spriter, please let me know, I am willing to work out compensation/rights details with any contributors to the project.

Also, I am beginning to search for a sound artist.  Need one for sound effects, Scenery Noises, again some Easter Eggs, and a few proximity sounds. (If I ever get a good solutions to this without dropping frame rate)

I will again open up a testing round here within the next 2 weeks.  Looking for people to help.  It will be open for iOS and Android. 

Thanks guys for following!

TheeSeaverShow

TOP 2 POST UPDATED:
- I updated the screen shots to version 5. 
- I also finally got the game running at 60FPS and no crashes through ~100 play test hours.
- Ordered main screen penguin animations.
- Updated 2nd post with new things to do and testing commentary.

TheeSeaverShow

Decided I am going a revamp of the world select screen. Going to have the penguin match outfit and background/scenery.  These will then make the maps/levels in each world match accordingly.

Any thoughts on that?

I really need to start getting some feedback!!!