Attributes in Behaviours and Attributes in Events

NickamonPoppytail

Hello everyone,

What I'm trying to do is implement the code for the map of Poppytail 5 into a behaviour so it's one scene per chapter. However, since I'm using attributes, I was wondering if having an attribute being changed in a behaviour would affect an attribute of the same name in the scene's events.

Thank you,
NickamonPoppytail
Currently developing Poppytail 5, Pixeltail, The Poppytales, and A Game About Trimming Hedges.

Email: nick.rosemarygames.poppytail@gmail.com

;)

Vaibhav Sangwan

I don't think that an attribute will change in scene behaviours if an attribute having same name is changed in scene events .
It will change only if it is a game attribute.
You can check it for yourself too by drawing both the attributes' values.

NickamonPoppytail

I don't think that an attribute will change in scene behaviours if an attribute having same name is changed in scene events .
It will change only if it is a game attribute.
You can check it for yourself too by drawing both the attributes' values.

I might have to subsitute my attributes for game attributes then. I was talking about text attributes (for enemy locations and the player’s position). I originally had these in a scene meant for all ten chapters but then I decided it would be easier to make each an individual scene.
Currently developing Poppytail 5, Pixeltail, The Poppytales, and A Game About Trimming Hedges.

Email: nick.rosemarygames.poppytail@gmail.com

;)

Vaibhav Sangwan

I might have to subsitute my attributes for game attributes then..
If you want to change both the scene behaviour attributes and scene event attributes, you can use "for this scene get?set something to something" block.