AdMob and GDPR

designpeg

I hope we can see in stencyl dialog  to ask user to accept if not the game exit .that what most big company did

I think that if we have a third possibility is a good thing. For example the user can selected to disable the Advertising ID, so the ads is showed but with no targeting.

This would be perfect, but I think at the moment it's up to Google, and at the moment they are still recording some personal data, even for non targeted ads, and unfortunately,  GDPR doesn't allow you to say 'agree or no play'.

RulezTeam

Hi,
in these days, I have seen some ads with this information (look at attachment).
This was a full screen ads, and when I clicked on that link (https://adssettings.google.com/whythisad?reasons=AB3afG....), a Google page open and let me show and choose if I have active or not an advertising ID.

Isn't this the solution ?

capitanox

Guys I read after 20 juin if you did not update and put dialog ads will be disactivate

havana24

Guys I read after 20 juin if you did not update and put dialog ads will be disactivate
Where did you read that? Could you link it?
My Website: www.havana24.net

capitanox

I read that in when you just register in admob  gives rules that u must accept  and if u read thoes rules u will find about this europ rules and u find under 20 juin  last date u have untill u make change ..... i found this pic in arabis group and under is in french if u didn't respect this rules untill 20 u acount will be disactivate

« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 09:00:26 am by capitanox »

riki82

Any news on a possible integration in Stencyl of Admob Consent sdk?

RozekEnhance

The team at Enhance have been working hard to make it easier for you to get your app up to GDPR par.
We have some steps that will help you become compliant.  Check out the documentation area for more information on our site : https://goo.gl/aMFN2k

GameDev408

The team at Enhance have been working hard to make it easier for you to get your app up to GDPR par.
We have some steps that will help you become compliant.  Check out the documentation area for more information on our site : https://goo.gl/aMFN2k

Is this already included in the Enhance extension for Stencyl?

xplosion28

Are there any steps you guys are currently taking to be compliant with GDPR?  Aside from those using Unity ads

riki82

Today my most productive app has been removed from google play, I believe, for the GDPR issue
Google writes me:

Hi developers at Riccardo Mattavelli,

After review, En1gm4 2 - Enigmi e rompicapo, com.riks.enigma2, has been removed from Google Play due to a policy violation. This app won’t be available to users until you submit a compliant update.

Issue: Violation of Usage of Android Advertising ID policy and section 4.8 of the Developer Distribution Agreement
Google Play requires developers to provide a valid privacy policy when the app requests or handles sensitive user or device information. We’ve identified that your app collects and transmits the Android advertising identifier, which is subject to a privacy policy requirement. If your app collects the Android advertising ID, you must provide a valid privacy policy in both the designated field in the Play Console, and from within the app.
Next steps: Submit your app for another review
Read through the Usage of Android Advertising ID and User Data policies, as well as the Developer Distribution Agreement, and make appropriate changes to your app. If you decide to collect sensitive user information, be sure to abide by the above policies, and include a link to a valid privacy policy on your app's store listing page and within your app.
    Make sure that your app is compliant with all other Developer Program Policies. Additional enforcement could occur if there are further policy violations.
    Sign in to your Play Console and submit the update to your app.
Alternatively, you may opt-out of this requirement by removing any requests for sensitive permissions or user data.
If approved, your app will again be available with all installs, ratings, and reviews intact. 
If you’ve reviewed the policy and feel this removal may have been in error, please reach out to our policy support team. One of my colleagues will get back to you within 2 business days.
Thanks for helping us provide a clear and transparent experience for Google Play users.

Reading paragraph 4.8 clearly states that there must be a pop up of consent for tracking data for advertisements.

Edit:
I added a privacy policy and written to google ... everything seems OK, now the game is again available on the store...

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 03:47:08 am by riki82 »

rob1221

Added the Android portion of the consent SDK in b9992.  There are two new blocks, one to set your privacy policy URL which is used by the consent form, and the other to show the form.  The form only shows to players in the EEA (or if test ads are selected), and if the player selects non-personalized ads then that info is automatically sent to AdMob.  The show form block has an option to either check for consent (use at the start of the game) or always show (because you're required to allow players to revoke consent).