The Poppytales (Journal Thread)

NickamonPoppytail

Changed the screen size so that the boss levels are 100% on screen, so I had to resize some backgrounds to get that parallax effect.

Here's what it looks like now. What do you all think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvYCpyPFpj8
Upcoming Projects
Poppytail 5 and Pixeltail: Fifth and sixth main instalments in Poppytail series. A Game About Trimming Hedges: Final Version: An updated version of the original AGATH. One Million: Last-one-standing style small project. The Poppytales: Platformer boss rush with character collecting. Skies n' Fall: Boss rush shooter prequel to Rise n' Brawl. Precious: Weird platformer. Christmas Time 2: Sequel to Christmas Time 1.

Bombini

I would make the speed of the background a bit slower but i think it adds something.

NickamonPoppytail

So, not much progress has been made recently. There are now six fully playable characters in the game (with a seventh half-finished) and five bosses that can be fought in the game.

One dilemma that I've been thinking about a lot is what to do about this game. This is a game I really want to make and play, but if I do the art in the current method I'm using, it's going to take a long time to finish this. I could go back to the old style of just drawing in Pencyl, but then the game probably won't look so good. I want to make it look good without it being too time-consuming.

Anyone have any advice?
Upcoming Projects
Poppytail 5 and Pixeltail: Fifth and sixth main instalments in Poppytail series. A Game About Trimming Hedges: Final Version: An updated version of the original AGATH. One Million: Last-one-standing style small project. The Poppytales: Platformer boss rush with character collecting. Skies n' Fall: Boss rush shooter prequel to Rise n' Brawl. Precious: Weird platformer. Christmas Time 2: Sequel to Christmas Time 1.

Bombini

Well...i think you might need to do a sacrifice and either focus on time or quality but there might be some options. Btw i think finishing the game should the ultimate goal.

• Try someone to do the art for you. Yes you will need budget for it but it can also be cheaper then you might think. Ask artist to get an idea
  • Try to optimize your workflow when and find better tools when creating art to save time. his can also have a huge impact. There are some very nice tools for little money on itch.io for example
  • Continue with less good looking art. Its not perfect but i think finishing the game should have priority.