State saving and timer when app (android) is closed and other questions

corbanwolf

Heya

1. I am thinking about making an android app. Is there an option to save current state of game like high score and unblocked levels and achievements? Can I use built-in stencyl blocks or I have to use extensions?

2. Is it possible to set a timer or get a current date and time on the phone? In some games you got a timer like after 40min you will receive one extra live. Is there a way to do this? Extensions or built-in stencyl blocks?

3. When I purchase studio version of stencyl and purchase some extensions. Can I use them only in this one specific project or once purchased I can use them in all my future projects.

4.  How to set proper orientation of an android app. I mean. How to make an app being opened in horizontal orientation? It is made automatically or how to make this effect?

squeeb

Heya

1. I am thinking about making an android app. Is there an option to save current state of game like high score and unblocked levels and achievements? Can I use built-in stencyl blocks or I have to use extensions?
You can use built in saving and loading blocks in stencyl.  Super easy

2. Is it possible to set a timer or get a current date and time on the phone? In some games you got a timer like after 40min you will receive one extra live. Is there a way to do this? Extensions or built-in stencyl blocks?
I have a behaviour in my market place for this.

3. When I purchase studio version of stencyl and purchase some extensions. Can I use them only in this one specific project or once purchased I can use them in all my future projects.
All projects are fine

4.  How to set proper orientation of an android app. I mean. How to make an app being opened in horizontal orientation? It is made automatically or how to make this effect?
I have an orientation extension also.  This makes it easy to set and switch ios and android orientations anytime.. stencyl sets it one time and its set

JeffreyDriver

1. Yes, you can save anything you need to in global attributes by using the save/load blocks.

2. There is a method to get the device time and date. I'm sure there's an extension for it, but  can't remember what it's called.

3. I'm sure it's fine. You've bought it, so can use it for every project. Maybe some extension developers have their own rules though.

4. This is all dealt with in the games settings. SETTINGS > MOBILE > DISPLAY
Current Projects:
Retro Redux Compilation (NEW).
Retro Redux (untitled) (NEW).
I always appreciate useful feedback. Thank you.
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk