How to upload video

merceditas008

Hello,
I am trying to upload a youtube video play inside my game. I installed the video extension and I have included in the behavior Video:play URL, but the video does not play. Any recommendations on what to do? thanks!

mdotedot

Hello and welcome to the forum.

What is the URL you tried? My guess is that you try to do something that is not in the description / title of the extension?

Please be as clear as possible what you do. So :
The location of the Extension. Is it the HTML5 thing, or the mobile thing?
Stencyl Version. (And use the appropriate extension for this. So don't use the 3.5 extension for the public available stencyl version)
The URL you use.
The platform you target to.
What platforms you tried.
Does it work when publishing? Or does it fail only when testing?
What is in the Log Viewer?

Hanging out in the Chat:  http://www.stencyl.com/chat/

Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

merceditas008

Hello and thank you so much for writing back. I am totally new to Stencyl, so I appreciate the patience in advance.

My version of stencyl is 3.4.0
I have tried with different URL of youtube videos, for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXzNp2Vq7CQ
I have tried testing the game in both Flash options, HTML5 and Mac, but none of them showed the video.
I attach the log that was generated.
When I looked in the developer console for the versions I exported for the browser it said: Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
The idea is to run this game in a Mac or in the browser

Thank you!

mdotedot

You should really provide all the answers to the questions asked: I'm still not sure what kind of extension you are using.

I made two:
Video extension for iOS and Android <- this will not work on anything else   AND it is only for MP4 files.

HTML5 extension <- this will allow for youtube videos but will not work on anything else than HTML5 publication. You would need a secure hosting site for all the HTML5 extension functionality

There might be other extensions around which probably have their own requirements.

If you have used the HTML5 extension then please provide the console output from Chrome (other browsers may work, but Chrome is known for the best html5 support)
Console Output can be generated by Right Clicking on Chrome window : Inspect : Console tab

Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

merceditas008

Thank you so much for your answer.
I realized I was not using the proper extension, so I downloaded the HTML5 and I managed to display a youtube video when testing the game in HTML5 platform. I am trying to publish it now in web> HTML5(experimental) but it is having some trouble to build it, and I am not sure what should I do. I attach the logs generated in case it can be of any help.
Thanks!

merceditas008

I also tried to publish and stencyl arcade, but then the video player does not show up anymore, as it does when I am using the HTML5 platform, even if I am using the same chrome browser for both.
Thanks!

mdotedot

Running game = OK <- so the extension works!
Publishing Arcade = FLASH not HTML5 (!) so it will not work

Building fails and isn't really an extension issue. Try building ANY game to html5!

This is the entry in the log that is failing:
Code: [Select]
- Running command: java -Dapple.awt.UIElement=true -jar /Applications/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/lime/lime/templates/bin/compiler.jar --js Export/html5/bin/margot1.js --js_output_file /var/folders/b_/lxvq7qz91hj60zkbx4khwrgr0000gn/T//temp_13977028.js
2018-06-22 16:01:19,624 INFO  [Thread-532] stencyl.sw.util.StreamGobbler: [haxelib] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/google/javascript/jscomp/CommandLineRunner : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
2018-06-22 16:01:19,625 INFO  [Thread-532] stencyl.sw.util.StreamGobbler: [haxelib] at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
2018-06-22 16:01:19,625 INFO  [Thread-532] stencyl.sw.util.StreamGobbler: [haxelib]

Try uninstalling your java SDK and reinstall a new one from the google site.