A Game About Trimming Hedges

NickamonPoppytail

Glad you like him. He’s quite tough though. One-hit kill but otherwise his fight would be too easy. I’m also adding him to the roster of characters for The Poppytales too when I finish making that.
Upcoming Projects
Poppytail 5 and Pixeltail: Fifth and sixth main instalments in Poppytail series.
A Game About Trimming Hedges: Final Version: An updated version of the original AGATH; also canon to the Poppytail series.
One Million: Last-one-standing style small project; also canon to the Poppytail series..
The Poppytales: Hand-drawn spin-off bullet-hell RPG using characters from all my other book and game projects. Not canon to the Poppytail series.

NickamonPoppytail

Here are a bunch of enemies. There are a lot more though, so here are just a few.

Kah Boom
A bomb enemy. They will follow the player around until they either touch the player or a trimmer bullet. Once they are, the player will have a short while to react before they stop moving and explode!

Grenade
A variation of the Kah Boom which is immune to the effects of the Grenade Shielder hedgetrimmer.

Revenant Rabby
If you use the new Revenant Rabbits hedgetrimmer, if you trim a rabbit they will turn into one of these instead of dying. Normally killing a rabbit would make you lose $10; turning a rabbit into a Revenant Rabby still loses you $10, but turning them back into normal rabbits by trimming them again will gain you $5 back.

Aurabby
A variation of the normal Rabbies that will replace them in the boss fight with Bush Turkey. Killing one will turn them into a floating eyeless rabbit head that will target and deal damage to Bush Turkey. It's currently an issue, but I need to make them immune to the Rabbit Saviour trimmer (as this makes the fight impossible; Bush Turkey can only be damaged by Aurabbies or trimmer bullets).

Gunpowder
These will replace Kah Booms in Guardener's boss fight. Although Guardener will be automatically targeted by them, if you get in their way you are still at risk of death from their explosions.

Also, remember Whinytail? That Wicked Ulfytail (Poppytail 4: Special Edition character) recolour that would make you lose money if you didn't click on him to make him stop barking?

This one:

Well, he's now got a friend.

Whingette
She will appear alongside Whinytail in some levels. Her behaviour is almost identical to Whinytail's, but she will start barking less often. Like Whinytail, her barking can be prevented by using the No Off Switch trimmer.

(RIP Pirate)

Dragon-Fly
These guys will fly around in random directions. They won't hurt you if you touch them, but they will spit fireballs in whatever direction they're facing. Avoid those to avoid being burnt to a crisp.

Cannon-Fly
These guys will appear in Shrubbery's boss fight. They will act the same as a normal Dragon-Fly, but they can damage Shrubbery by touching him.

Bosses:

Scopiary
One of the game's bosses. In his fight you are helped by Opaques and Distorted Opaques. His name comes from "telescope" and "topiary".

Bush Turkey
Another of the game's bosses. Her name comes from "bush" and "brushturkey".

Shrubbery
Another boss. Note his "seal of approval" has appeared on another Poppytail character before (Red Guy). His name comes from "rubber" and "shrubbery".

Guardener
Another boss. His name is a combination of "guard" and "gardener".

(Also, his sprite is based off a One Million character: Knight).

There are more than twenty other enemies in the game.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 08:30:18 pm by NickamonPoppytail »
Upcoming Projects
Poppytail 5 and Pixeltail: Fifth and sixth main instalments in Poppytail series.
A Game About Trimming Hedges: Final Version: An updated version of the original AGATH; also canon to the Poppytail series.
One Million: Last-one-standing style small project; also canon to the Poppytail series..
The Poppytales: Hand-drawn spin-off bullet-hell RPG using characters from all my other book and game projects. Not canon to the Poppytail series.

NickamonPoppytail

Francium, Scopiary, Shrubbery, Bush Turkey, Guardener, Brawnmower and The End won't be the only bosses. There will be a few more, such as this grim reaper guy:

I recently beat Super Mario RPG on the SNES, so the camera angle and the sprite's pixel effect were inspired by the game's battle sprites.
Upcoming Projects

NickamonPoppytail

I hope the game will be out soon. The game is nearly entirely finished other than sound. Hopefully I can finish within the next two weeks.

My next focus will be Poppytail 5, and then a new Easter Fun game. After that it'll be Pixeltail and One Million, and then I'll focus on The Poppytales for a while. The Poppytail series will be on hiatus between Pixeltail and The Poppytales.
Upcoming Projects